The Ashes Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

](*,) can't belive we let that slip, all that good work inthe first three days and we just toss our wickets away and once again write off warne because he had a quiet start to the match starting to think we got lucky last year !!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

A great game guys. A typical heroic english stand on Saturday, followed by a typical Australian come from behind win!!!

Comisserations poms....

If they sorted their bowlers out, I believe England would be a much better team. As it is, Flintoff and hoggard are carrying the attack. Giles doesn't seem to be a threat, Anderson is inexperianced and Harmison is out of form, Flintoff doesn't even want to bowl him at times. His confidence must be shot to pieces.
The batsmen seem to be getting on track, except for Cook and Jones, However Flintoff hasn't really fired as well, poor bloke can't do everything!
Maybe everything will fall in place for England in the third test.... maybe.

If they sorted their bowlers out, I believe England would be a much better team. As it is, Flintoff and hoggard are carrying the attack. Giles doesn't seem to be a threat, Anderson is inexperianced and Harmison is out of form, Flintoff doesn't even want to bowl him at times. His confidence must be shot to pieces.
The batsmen seem to be getting on track, except for Cook and Jones, However Flintoff hasn't really fired as well, poor bloke can't do everything!
Maybe everything will fall in place for England in the third test.... maybe.

I would agree Wildcat. I would also say (and many others are) that we should be playing Panesar instead of Giles depite the formers batting weakness he is easily the best spinner we have and could do a lot of damage on these pitches (Shane Warne esq). They better play him in Perth or there is something very wrong within the England set-up. Jones should probably miss out the next game as well, despite being fine with the gloves his batting has been poor to say the least...

Nah mate I was stuck at work all weekend. Luckily I work at a place with a bunch of other sports fans though, so we had a little telly to keep track of things! Mostly had to catch the days highlights on Fox.

Yesterday I had two tickets offered to me, but I was committed to a family run up to Naracoorte! Bugger! The only peice of cricket I saw yesterday was at a truck stop in the south east! I heard the final run be scored on the radio just as we came into range.

Pick of the English bowlers?! Only Hoggard can take that claim...

I say we drop Anderson for the next test and have the two spinners...
Sense would tell me to drop Anderson and Giles and play Panesar and Mahmood instead, but I love Giles too much...
Keep Jones, Read is a terrible batsman...no real technique, he just slogs...Jones is a fantastic driver of the ball and is strong square of the wicket...

And why was Ponting man of the match? Collingwood should have been surely...

Pick of the English bowlers?! Only Hoggard can take that claim...
Yep, by far the most dangerous of the English bowlers. However Flintoff has been playing well also.

And why was Ponting man of the match? Collingwood should have been surely...

I was a little surprised about that too, I was expecting Collingwood, possibly Hoggard. Ah well, the man's a legend what do you expect!:D

Flintoff's got injury worries with his left ankle at the moment though, i'll be supprised if Giles isn't replaced by Panisar later in the series though........

Apparently Flintoff is fine to play at Perth. Damien Martyn retired today much to the suprise of everyone! I agree with Ricky Ponting saying that Martyn was one of the great unsung players of recent times. Symonds and Voges have been called up in his place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back