The Ashes Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The BBC commentator got a bit overexcited at the end :lol: Though it is good to of won a game of cricket, doubt we will beat the Aussies in the next game though.

By Ben Dirs(BBC) said:
ENGLAND INNINGS

50th over: McMillan to bowl the final over, with England needing four to win. Lewis finds the fielder at point from his first delivery before getting a single into the on-side. Freddie clips McMillan to mid-wicket for a couple to level the scores and England cannot lose... McMillan pulls out of of his delivery stride and warns Lewis for walking down the track before Freddie hits the winning run straight down the pitch - ENGLAND HAVE WON A GAME OF CRICKET! Dame Kiri te Kanawa, Peter Jackson, Neil Finn, Sir Edmund Hillary, Jonah Lomu - we have beaten them all! Helen Clark, can you hear me? Your boys took one hell of a beating! By three wickets...with one ball to spare...sorry, it's just been so long...Great dig from Freddie, who finishes with 72 from 75 balls. I'm off for a big celebratory sleep.
BBC SPORT | Cricket | England | Flintoff holds nerve to seal win

We made that match much harder than it should have been...Our batting order is a mess, with Pietersen injured and now Vaughan missing Friday's game, Flintoff needs to bat higher, alogn with probably Dalrymple. Its all very well having Bell, Strauss and Collingwood but they bat too slow to fill the whole top/middle order...Here's how id have it...

Strauss
Bell
Bopara (if he plays on Friday)
Flintoff
Dalrymple
Joyce
Collingwood
Nixon
Lewis
Panesar
Anderson

It doesnt really matter though to be honest, because we'll lose...

Come on CC be a bit more opitmistic you may win the toss and then you can do a victory lap of honour before the match starts hahaha

Although it was looking a bit bleak for us when we were 4/48. It was a a struggle, but we got there in the end. I think it was a wake up call for the Aussies, we musn't underestimate the Poms, they almost had us.
Beach Cricket starts today! YES!

Actually turned into one of the more interesting games so far. At one stage I honestly thought we were going to lose. Would have made me look like a nob for calling England lame..

well done poms. about time your lot had a win against us in one day series. you lost the ashes but regained some dignity to win the one day series 2 games to nil. now some silver to take home for your lot

Sshh.. Lets not speak of this again....

My feeling exactly. Of course we could try the old british dissmisal of the series by claiming one day cricket to be 'just not cricket'....

But nah we're Australian and we need to win everything!!!!

Well done poms though, gave us the kick in the ass we need!:lol:

I actually feel sorry for you Aussies. You completely dominated the group stage and then lost to a stuggling team just starting to find form. :evil4:

What'll happen now is that England will return home, be praised as heroes, be given more MBE's, get complacent and think we're the best and then we'll get beaten in the Group stages by Kenya or Canada in the World Cup ;)

HAHAHA CC thats the way to do it. Don't let complancey get in the way of a good bitch session. We lost a one day series and the Aussies will take the loss and learn from it, But the main part is we regained the Ashes so a one day series isn't as important to us then losing the Ashes again when it came to pride. You won the consolation prize and well done but we still have the Ashes and that must annoy the English

Users who are viewing this thread

Back