The Battle of Graveney Marshes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maximowitz

Tech Sergeant
Jun 30, 2008
London, England.
My apologies for posting a link to the loathsome Daily Mail, but I thought you chaps might find this interesting. It was posted on another forum by the redoubtable Andy Saunders.

Ju 88 Crash Lands-Battle Ensues!

Obviously this Junkers crew wanted a decent pint - but the Irish were already there.

The pub is not far from where I live and I can recommend it to any thirsty traveller, the food is awesome. So good in fact the Luftwaffe couldn't resist dropping in. :lol:

Last edited:
That's cool they had a drink together.

Most generous considering the crew had fired at them with machine guns. I guess they did that to win time to destroy the plane. Very patriotic but not very smart, but they had 20 minutes to set the plane on fire and still failed. That raises some questions about their skills, doesn´t it.

By the way, this was NOT the last battle fought on british soil in WW2. From 42 onwards the brave Brits battled overpaid and oversex ex-colonials many times and usually pubs and beer were involved too. The outcome of the conflict is still unclear: The Brits claim they chased the invaders to the continent, the ex-colonials claim they fled from the british weather(fog, rain or both) to a place that also served better beer. ;)

Man I have been on this computer at work for 12 straight hours... I could use a friggin' pint and I would fight the Germans AND the Irish to get it! :evil:

I read another account that said it was a bitter struggle on both sides with mild casualties as the Germans put up a stout resistance until one of the Irish guys said to the Germans you look a bit pale "I bet you could murder a pint"

By the way, this was NOT the last battle fought on british soil in WW2. From 42 onwards the brave Brits battled overpaid and oversex ex-colonials many times and usually pubs and beer were involved too. The outcome of the conflict is still unclear: The Brits claim they chased the invaders to the continent, the ex-colonials claim they fled from the british weather(fog, rain or both) to a place that also served better beer. ;)

Over paid. Over sexed. Over here.

We invite them to a nice war, and you still can't get a decent cup of tea in Boston!

I would invite any ex-colonial to drink a true pint of beer with me in celebration (when are you over here Der Adler?)....after five I'll call you an ambulance. :lol:

That said... Erdinger..the brew of Gods. :D

Last edited:
after five I'll call you an ambulance. :lol:

I can handle my own...;) You have to remember, I might be an old Colonial, but I live in the land of beer (Germany) and only about an hour from the other land of beer (Czech Republic).

Come to the fest with me next weekend and we can have 5 of those in liter mugs! :lol:

On a serious note, I will be in London from the 29th though the 1st. As I said, if anyone wishes to join me and a friend of mine who is going to the game with me for a pint (or two or three) in a pub, just let me know.

Attachments

• af2.jpg
    af2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back