The best SOF of WW2

The best SOF unit of WW2

  • The BrandenBurgers

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • The Commandos

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • The Rangers

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • The SS JagdVerbände

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • The Kaukopartios

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Z Special Units

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The Gurkhas

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Special Air Service

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Special Boat Service

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Long Range Desert Group

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • OSS

    Votes: 1 5.6%

  • Total voters
    18
Pretty sure it was Version 3 Soren... I watched the clips u posted, and it fires every bit like those vids.... U need the tripod for sustained autofire....
 
Roger that Les. Was it nice and comfortable to wield for you ? I've heard its one the few smallarms that just fits like a glove.
 
I've heard that it was considered heavy for an airborne weapon, but thinking about that the British airborne had the Bren Gun at 10 kg - so wherever I heard that is crap. Was the FG-42 produced in small numbers because of the introduction of the StG.44 ? [Frankly, a better weapon for development].
 
The fit was right on Soren, very comfortable.... The armorer that pulled it out treated it as if it was his newborn child....
 
If I owned one I'd treat it the same way ! One valuable piece of equipment there!

Was there a scope on it ?
 
Hands down on the Allied side, it was the OSS/SOE. While the others allied SOF forces had some spectacular successes, they were all just tools in the tool bag for the OSS/SOE which maintained the strategic focus.
 

Attachments

  • Peace.JPG
    Peace.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 97
Roger that Les. Wish it was me who owned one :(
 
I totally agree, but I would assume that the private stock for the FG-42 is quite limited...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back