The Complete Future

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Far as I know Vic, that's the one for the original Future/Klear etc etc. Johnson's have now changed the formula (Why?? If it aint bust, don't fix it!) and brought out, in the UK anyway, Pledge Klear (or Future). One of the modelling mags here has just run an article covering it's uses (can't remember which mag!), and the bottom line, so far anyway, is that the 'new' stuff seems to work as before - but it does mention that there hasn't been any longer term monitoring of any effects etc, obviously.
I do wonder if Johnson's have cottoned on to the fact that a fair percentage of sales of their floor polish is to modellers, who are gleefully buiying the nice big bottles at a fraction of the price of a tiny wee bottle of acrylic varnish. If they have, and realise they're missing out, I wonder if the change will have any longer-term effects?

Far as I know Vic, that's the one for the original Future/Klear etc etc. Johnson's have now changed the formula (Why?? If it aint bust, don't fix it!) and brought out, in the UK anyway, Pledge Klear (or Future). One of the modelling mags here has just run an article covering it's uses (can't remember which mag!), and the bottom line, so far anyway, is that the 'new' stuff seems to work as before - but it does mention that there hasn't been any longer term monitoring of any effects etc, obviously.
I do wonder if Johnson's have cottoned on to the fact that a fair percentage of sales of their floor polish is to modellers, who are gleefully buiying the nice big bottles at a fraction of the price of a tiny wee bottle of acrylic varnish. If they have, and realise they're missing out, I wonder if the change will have any longer-term effects?

Want to say it again??? Once of there houses is HUGE and down the road about 1/2 mile from mine. :lol: :lol: I'll go tell him!! Just kidding.

But their house is down the road. The drive way is about a mile long and the house is huge :shock:

Sorting Icons string.

Vic's signature Icons.jpg

I've just watched a video on You Tube, comparing the 'old' stuff to the 'new'. The chap states that the only differences are in the title, the bottle design, and the fact that the 'new' stuff is slightly milky, and is perfumed, the latter possibly accounting for the slight milky appearance.
It works in exactly the same way and, after using the 'new' stuff a few times now, I have to agree. Apart from a possible lower gloss finish (but this could be ambient temperature/application/lack of bacon etc) I can see absolutely no difference .
The chap in the video rightly points out that we modellers initially bought this stuff because it was cheap, in comparison to commercially available acrylic gloss varnish, and not because it is/was some 'wonder product' - it's a varnish, nothing else - so these people selling the 'original' product on that well-know internet auction site, at upwards of £20 per bottle, are really wasting their time.
Why pay so much, when the idea is to save on the cost of 'modelling' varnishes? Might as well pay a quarter of that and get some Tamiya/Gunze/Vallejo etc etc.

Glad to hear that Terry though I figure it will be some time before we see the return of the product to our shelves, which is nothing unusual down here.

As a side explanation, I only re-opened this thread so that I could sort out the stray GB icon under my siggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back