The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Do you remember Bob? Well this isn"t him but this little guy Made an appearence a few days ago during a warm spell

Attachments

• DCP_1787.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 103
  • DCP_1789.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 114
  • DCP_1790.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 109
Hey, its Bob's cousin! Whaddup!

Mike...the fact that you were able to get close enough AND keep it still enough to get two or three shots means the pics turned out well. Those guys are notoriously shy.

Was about 60F air but the sun was full and the brick was soaking up the heat as was the little guy. His color was more like a very rich mahogany color

Came down this morning soon after sunrise to find this little fellow slowly drying it's wings, thinking it's a Dragonfly I believe it may have come from the garden pond next door.

Also caught this little fellow hiding down the back of the garden, I believe it's called a cat spider and the body is about the size the lid to a Model Master paint jar. It was about 15cm (6") from the next little fellow was keeping a close eye on the spider.

Last edited:
I'm hoping someone out there will be able to tell me what these little fellows are, they flit around my garden as though they own it and just hang about on all my shrubs and bushes. Also not sure if they are a pest or a delight to the garden owner.

Now for tonight's "Isn't nature fantastic" story. Walking the very small estate as the sun set in the west I came across one of these little fellows. Now they normally find themselves an old fallen gum leaf and drag it up to a web thread, curl it over itself and we have one little spiders home which is usually about 30 to 50cm away from it's main web.

But then I came across this. A young Crepe Myrtle tree and at the added arrow point is a tiny white spot.

On closer inspection what do you think it is. If you think it's a snail shell, well your right.

And a little itsy bitsy spider has made it his/her home. So how did the shell get there, I can only surmise that the spider attached a thread to the shell and hauled it up. Now ain't that something, much more roomy than a crusty old leaf and maybe even weatherproof and definitely waterproof!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread