The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't have a macro lens but I did the best I could with a 300mm...

Attachments

• field_bee.jpg
    field_bee.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 104
  • field_fly.jpg
    field_fly.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 114
  • field_moth.jpg
    field_moth.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 103
Great shots, Clave! The macro lens allows you to get up close and personal (several inches away) with your subject...something that most bugs frown upon anyway. I've found that, unless its a cold day and the bugs are sluggish, using a longer lens wins over the macro. A macro will usually have a fixed focal length, but have a much lower f-stop, allowing for shallower depth-of-field, blurring out the immediate background and causing your subject to really pop. But I've managed some excellent shots with longer zooms before, too! Besides...people yell at you when you go tromping through their flowerbeds to get that one perfect rose that's 15 feet away. :lol:

There is a bit of common land about a 1/2 mile from me, and it is not used much, so there is nobody to comment on you as point your camera at the ground and mutter about 'damn flies' etc.

The moth came out well too, Mrs C has it framed up on top of the TV now... :)

I should get back up there next summer, it's a bit of a fun trying to track down really small creatures...

There is a bit of common land about a 1/2 mile from me, and it is not used much, so there is nobody to comment on you as point your camera at the ground and mutter about 'damn flies' etc.

The moth came out well too, Mrs C has it framed up on top of the TV now... :)

I should get back up there next summer, it's a bit of a fun trying to track down really small creatures...

Nice shots mate...I'm waiting for the Profiles of the fly...replete with national markings of course !!!:lol:

My daughter....don't like spiders...friggin' screamed for her dad when she spotted this beauty as she came out of the bathroom after her shower....

Attachments

• IMGP7693a.JPG
    IMGP7693a.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 119
God there on the move at the moment Wayne, we always seem to have a huntsmen in the house, nicknamed 'George'. Had a Georgette one crawled out from the curtain and deposited a trillion Georgenes all over the ceiling

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Great shot Wayne! I do miss the Huntsmans...(our flat was full of them)

God there on the move at the moment Wayne, we always seem to have a huntsmen in the house, nicknamed 'George'. Had a Georgette one crawled out from the curtain and deposited a trillion Georgenes all over the ceiling

Well..I don't miss 'em...long as they stay outside things will work out just fine....:)

A little beasty lurking………… then decides to take a walk

Attachments

• RedBack 1.jpg
    RedBack 1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 116
  • RedBack 2.jpg
    RedBack 2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 114
  • RedBack 3.jpg
    RedBack 3.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 121