The Group Build Participants Icon Thread....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, here are a couple I did, using GGs background.

The first one has a 190 silouhette, while the second one just uses the cross. Personally, I'd lean towards using planes, rather than national markings, just because for, say the PTO build, there will be planes of multiple nationalities involved.

Attachments

• 190medal.png
    190medal.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 123
  • crossmedal.png
    crossmedal.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 131
Definitely like Dave's design, and Cory's adaptation. I also like the idea of the Maltese Cross for the current GB, but it could become cumbersome, trying to use for example, stars 'n bars, RAF roundel etc. What I would suggest is, keep the 'Medal' background, but in a 'neutral' colour, say nickel or stainless steel or bronze, remove the star at the bottom, and replace with a custom design avaitors wings. The ribbon can stay, with the relevant GB details. The First, Second and Third placed entrants can have a Gold, Silver or Bronze star above or below the wings.
If a build is for LAND warfare, then, below the ribbon, add a tank silhoutte, otherwise, the 'medal' background to remain plain, with the exception of the area above the ribbon, where ww2 aircraft .net can be inscribed.
What do you think?
Terry.
PS, if the first place winner also gets voted as best overall by the other entrants/members, then, a 'bar' (clasp) can be placed under the whole design.

See what you mean Jan, but you wouldn't need the bar, as each time you entered, you'd get the actual 'medal'. Problem is, after two years worth of entries, the page might need to be bigger, with 8 'medals' to accommodate!!

I like that Dan! Yes, a side-on silhouette for aircraft or tank, to denote air or land campaign build, and a short, coloured medal ribbon to reflect the campaign, theatre etc. For example, the current GB ribbon could be similar to the ribbon for the Iron Cross, BoB, maybe like the DFC etc etc. For those GB's without a particular 'real' award attched to the actual subject being modelled, eg Kursk,, then maybe, say, a light blue ribbon for air battles, green for ground etc?
Nice!

As depending what machine you're building Terry? If you build a Luftwaffe crate, you get the bar of the Iron Cross, if you build a RAF bird, then the DFC bar?

Edit: Come to think about it....why not make a special medal when you taken part in 5 GB's as like and "Ace" thing, might save some space then....or just add five bars on top? 8)

A double bar, with, superimposed on it, the numbers '1-5', '6-10' etc. Sounds good to me, BUT, we don't want to get too complex - K.I.S.S. everytime!

All ideas sound great.Unfortunately I cannot use my comp at the moment :(
But the next week I can come up with some attempts.

Can we put these on our Public Profile? I mean, for them to be in a reasonable size to be readable etc., they'd probably be too big to put here with our siggys and so on, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back