The Group Build Participants Icon Thread....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't know enough about setting-up the 'page' to offer any suggestions as to where or how. But, in order to save space, maybe just the Campaign medal ribbon, with a bar marked 1st, 2nd, 3rd for those placings? I think if they were the size of the country flag, probably under the siggy, it might work. The idea of the 'showcase' is good, or a single photo-gallery for all completed entrants etc. The full medal could be shown here.
Rather than use a recognized award or medal, perhaps the ribbons could be symbolic of the subject? For instance, the current GB could use the same colours as the Iron Cross on the ribbon, the PTO could maybe be 'Pacific' blue, with a white wavy line, etc.?
Just a thought!

Just an idea, but I'll toss it out there and see what everyone thinks...

Why not have a ribbon under the sig (if you notice, I have two images in my sig, the main image and a quote thingy I change once in a while), and that ribbon, (or ribbons over time) could be linked to the GB winner (1st, 2nd, 3rd) award page that's a sticky (and perhaps locked) in the Modelling section?

That way, the winners can have the full-sized award medal and perhaps a few choice photos of the winning model on a page.

* Ok, I've put up a test ribbon under my sig. It's clickable. Go ahead, click it, you know you wanna...

Aflac!

Grau, I was thinking the exact same thing just can't find a suitable ribbon of or such. I did some last night but they never came out right. I love that idea!

Have a look at this.... Somewhat basic, but I think by using ribbons that kinda use the colors of the build...

Red Black = German Build 1
Blue Green = Pacific Build 2
Beige = N. Africa/Med Build 3

Gold Star shows First place, Bronze shows 3rd....

Attachments

• ribbons all3b.jpg
    ribbons all3b.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 68
Look at my siggy now......

With some "Real" work, that could work out great.... I cant do the stars worth a sh!t, but the idea is solid.... Could also do a link to a page that has a synopsis of all three of my builds, including links/highlight pics for each link as well as all the major awards in medal form.....

Great ideas fellas..... Someone tweak what Im workin with??? Heres the basics.... Maybe use a better font/text and make the stars clear/opaque and pretty them up some???

Then join all 3 into one bar.......

Comeon u geeks, get some sh!t poppin here, we dont have much time.......

Attachments

• ribbons a.jpg
    ribbons a.jpg
    791 bytes · Views: 81
  • ribbons b.jpg
    ribbons b.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 77
  • ribbons c.jpg
    ribbons c.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 85
I honestly think, and my Bride concurrs, that its getting too busy in the sig and too large....

So heres the idea as it strikes us....

Make the ribbon bar smaller and no print,, and add a link page to another personal page with details of mebers participation history.... I will attempt to demonstrate....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back