The Group Build Participants Icon Thread....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jan, I went and changed my profile picute to the UN Medal, check it out....

My profile pic can be set to 200x200 and 100kb... Whats urs say???

Attachments

• ww2 un%20observor%20full%20size a BARSsm.jpg
    ww2 un%20observor%20full%20size a BARSsm.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 82
The problem both locations for placement is that we're limited on the number of images we can post.... In the profile picture section, one pic is allowed, and I couldnt get it to link to the medal, so it has to be uploaded from the users computer....

The other way, is on the siggy, which is what I have on mine now....

Again, we're limited to 500 characters HTML there, or atleast I am....

That looks good Dan but here are two ideas I have had.

1) Create a small icon underneath the country section (<-- similar to the messenger icons) and link it to a large picture of the medals awarded for group builds which open in a new window.

2) Same small icon underneath the country section (<-- similar to the messenger icons) and link it to a new section of the main profile page with a larger picture of the medals (this could also be done in addition to #1).

As for the prizes they could be done that everyone gets the Knight's cross for this first group build and those that are 1st/2nd/3rd get the addition for the various additions to the Knight's Cross - Oak Leaves/Swords/Diamonds (correct me if I got those wrong).

Just a couple of ideas.

I dont know if its possible to add anything into the area below our country flags.....

And if we do that for each prize, for each build, it will get crazy in trying to organize it all....

If there were an icon under out flag, a small medal icon, and u clicked that icon, it would have to bring u to a specific link or picture of all ur awards, in one pic....

There will be alot of different versions of the pic....

Also, what happens when we do the PTO awards??? How do we reference the different prizes??? Bars to a Victoria Cross??? Could get very confusing....

The only real way I see this happening is in our siggys.....

How many characters can ur siggys be guys???

How about this? As we get on and build more models for each GB, will each builder and models get their own thread? What if we did like this, When Terry has done x-amount of finished GB's, he gets his own "showroom" for his creation, where the first post shows a medal for each of them, with date, what he built and withn a selection pics following in the next posts....
Would this work or would it take too much room from the forum space?

I'd agree that no one looks at the profiles but I was throwing it out there because I think with the siggy way it would end up pretty cluttered as well.

It should be possible to have something set up similar to the messenger system but I think it would be too much work to implement but that would have to be confirmed by Eric.

As for the awards that method would only really work for this first build, I'm not sure how to do it for the other but it could be done with the top three classes of medal on top of the campaign medal that everyone would receive.

I like Jan's idea of a showcase, this would work well.

Makin it too complicated and difficult... We have meager means at our disposal....

How bout somethin like this???

Attachments

• 23black-Ritterkreuz%20der%20Eisernes%20Kreuz sm 1.jpg
    23black-Ritterkreuz%20der%20Eisernes%20Kreuz sm 1.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 24black-Ritterkreuz%20der%20Eisernes%20Kreuz%20mit%20Eichenlaub sm 1.jpg
    24black-Ritterkreuz%20der%20Eisernes%20Kreuz%20mit%20Eichenlaub sm 1.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 25black-Ritterkreuz%20der%20Eisernes%20Kreuz%20mit%20Eichenlaub%20und%20Schwertern sm 1.jpg
    25black-Ritterkreuz%20der%20Eisernes%20Kreuz%20mit%20Eichenlaub%20und%20Schwertern sm 1.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 48

Users who are viewing this thread

Back