The History Channel....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Sorry, couldn't find the thread. But I sent this to them today....

Hi!

I'm really sorry my friends, but I feel that I have to go on a rant here! But honest to God, what the hell does your reality shows, Axe Men, Ice Road Truckers, Tunnellers and possible future ones, have to do with history, eh....tell me please! Who brilliantly low IQ'ed wankers idea was it to air these smelly, hallucination provoking, wobbly piles of fly infested horse ****... Doesn't matter, I think that it's time to let some heads roll in the management, or they should at least be burned at the stake for they're NOT in any possible way worth their paychecks....uhuh...they can possibly go back to sweep the street corners, because I strongly believe that it's there where you found them! There's was a time when History Channel was a LEADING channel and not a following one, but that was before you decided to sell your soul to the Devil and create pieces of well.....I'll let you use your imagination on that one....probably won't be even close to what I have in mind anyway.
I mean, why, but WHY did you cancel the show Dogfights, one of the best shows on TV and replace it with these...(back to your own imagination again)..which I wouldn't even use to clean out the sewer with, they're that bad and useless. If people have the perverted and desperate need to become famous, let them find somewhere else do it, like those talant shows popping up everywhere....

....and breath!

HC sucks these days. The new president is some B.U. grad who, evidently, doesn't particularly like history on the history channel. So be it.

It's a ratings game and evidently the ratings are good for those shows. The production cost must be next to nothing. Just send a camera crew to the great outdoors and film guys doing their jobs, bring back the raw footage, cut and paste, develop a narrative and put it on the air. Pretty simple really.

Have a friend who works for the local news. He told me they expanded the news from 1.5 hours in the morning to about 3 hours with little attendent cost increase but plenty more in revanues from commercials they ran. And they didn't have to pay the network for Oprah or Ellen or Regis or whomever was in that spot normally.

It's not that all these reality shows on the HC are any good or that many people watch them. It's just that paying for these shows versus producing other ones are graphics intense (therefore requiring offsite help and increased costs) is a lot more cost effective. More money in it.

Well, I didn't remember it all, because my Yahoo mail was acting up, which meant that it disappeared for me and I had to start all over again. Forgot to put in "so bad that I wouldn't use it to clean the sewers" etc. etc. What annoys me even more, is that they, these twotiming no good bl**dy f*cktw*ts up in the hiearchy, look down on us, thinking that we're some low intelligent numbnuts, otherwise they wouldn't produce useless bl**dy excr*m*nt like this poluting the TV waves....

Well, I didn't remember it all, because my Yahoo mail was acting up, which meant that it disappeared for me and I had to start all over again. Forgot to put in "so bad that I wouldn't use it to clean the sewers" etc. etc. What annoys me even more, is that they, these twotiming no good bl**dy f*cktw*ts up in the hiearchy, look down on us, thinking that we're some low intelligent numbnuts, otherwise they wouldn't produce useless bl**dy excr*m*nt like this poluting the TV waves....

All the more reason we should get our information from books. I've got a few to read, started a few pages in "Last Stand of the Tin Can sailor."

I haven't had cable for 10 years so its been awhile since I've seen any programs but it sounds like its has MTV disease. Is there any music anymore on the Music Channel? :)

I will have to agree about the history channel.

I detest the UFO and monster shows.

I rarely watch it anymore.

I can completely understand those shows being on.....the Discovery Channel. Not History. I bet we could grab 20 random people from this site, sit them down for about 20 minutes, and pound out rough outlines for a good fifty different documentaries, on WW2 alone! Each two or more hours....probably get a couple of good miniseries ideas out of it, too. So I'm with Njaco. TV sucks.

Totally agree! The last time I saw the History Channel here in the UK, I thought I had tuned to the wrong station! It used to be a great Channel, with many decent documentaries, and feature films, covering all, or nearly all periods of history. The WW2 footage was excellent.
But, it seems it's gone the way of most TV programmes now; let's all get on the same bandwagon, throw some newly graduated oik out with a small camera, a sound gut with a pocket recorder, no script and certainly no story board! I had to work with a couple of so-called crew, as just described, a couple of years back, when they were doing a 'thing' on survival. Myself and my business partner ended up virtually writing, filming, directing and producing the whole show. Thanks? They didn't even pay what they should have done!
Since the power switch on my TV went U/S, I haven't bothered to replace the set - not worth it, and I don't miss it!

It's all relative... I remember a few months ago when I read a thread where people where complaining about "Dogfights" (and a few other shows), now they don't seem so bad (lol).

Overall I agree with the tone of this topic...I don't watch the history channel at all anymore. It seems like they have shifted their history military history shows to the "Discovery" network channels.

The "cool" thing for the History Channel to do is shift their profits into more documentary's...

Next to "reality shows" documentary's (also) have a very low overhead in terms of cost. Animations (if any) are the one area where costs can get out of control...

Well Jan I think the received your letter mate!

Tonight the had "Band of brothers" playing (WOW!!!!:rolleyes: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back