The New Generation Group Builds-2013 onwards

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great Job Vic, I don's think I'm going to be able to wait till 2017 to build my Horten though! lol

I don't even want to think that far ahead, don't want to be in my 30's! :lol:

Actually, I'll toss this in here. I've got an F-14 that I glued the pancake together on, but it's only two pieces, would I be able to enter that into the carrier GB?

Last edited:
That if the Mayans were wrong, hahaha, that's great to have the calendar to join groups and I have it in PDF, and printed in tabble a calendar with the audits of the work or the important things, great job again vic

To my way of thinking Cory, if the build fits the GB theme and it gives you the drive to get a started model finished, no problems.

just noticed there are two GBs which are very similar, and could cause confusion, not to say a repeat of the same stuff.
There's From WW1, to WW2 1914 to 1939
and Between the wars 1919 to 1938
Should the first one read 1918 to 1939?
Whatever, they're the same!

Last edited:
But I'm not. However Terry's note is correect. I would suggest changing the title to "Between the wars 1918 to 1939" like Terry wrote. Also if we want to cover the 1914 to 1939" time period of the aviation history, it might be. Thanks to that, there will be more opportunities for choosing and making a few more models of early planes methinks.

I think it might be better to have WW1 (1914 to 1918 ) as a separate GB, otherwise we'd be repeating the 'Between the Wars' theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem for me. It sounds good. I agree as well.

Just trying to do a bit of catch-up here guys. Correct me if I'm wrong but your recommending that we remove the duplication and the second 'Between the Wars GB', that would be GB.33 be changed to a 'WWI 1914 1918'. If this is correct, then no problem my end and if concurred I'll do the amendment.

Could do, but if it was specified after WW1, it could include late arrivals in new colour schemes, such as the Snipe.
However, I see this more as 'The Golden Years' of silver wings - don't really want to see another parade of WW1 types, when they've had their own GB - and there's a lot to go at, from biplanes to the new fangled, all metal monoplane, advanced airliners such as the Boeings and Douglas types, you name it, it's there, in one of the biggest, quickest development periods in aviation. It's a 20 year period, so no excuse for repeating the same stuff again!

So give us some definitive numbers and titles.

GB#16...... WWI 1914-1918?
GB#33......Between the wars 1918-1939?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back