The New Guy Is Confused

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Man, this is a great website!

I am a Viet Nam era vet. Air Force SAC, I didn't fly but maintained the Crypto equipment. I know it sounds boring but I did have some excitement. One of my co-workers, an Airman 1st Class was a Russian Spy and I had the opportunity to testify at the trial. He only received 30 years in Ft. Leavenworth because officially Viet Nam was a police action and not a war. So much for that part of my life.

A couple of years ago i was given a fabulous collection of Golden era aircraft photographs to sell on ebay. This was the personal collection of a Naval Aerial Photographer who served in the 1930's. I decided to share them instead of selling them. I am in the process of putting up a basic website. I have all the photographs on the site and now I am just filling in facts and information as I find it. I was contacted by a officer in the Navy who is a Navy aviation historian and he told me that my collection contained photographs that he had never seen before.

I wanted to tell everyone on this forum about my website, but I ran into a problem. Your main forum is dedicated to WWII aircraft and although some of my photographs such as the Vought SB2U-1 Vindicator and the PBY were used at the beginning of WWII, the majority of bi-wing aircraft were not used in the war effort, so I thought this would not be an appropriate place to do a post.

I went to the area of you forum titled "Other era's" where I feel I should be posting the link to my web site. I find 1800-1914, WWI, then it jumps to Post-War and then Modern. What happened to the Golden Age of Aviation? Is that a forgotten era?

Where would you suggest I post the link to my web site?

Thanks,

Puyallup Lee
Exciting discovery of a collection of over 350 original photographs, many unseen before, of Naval aircraft, plane crash sites, ships of the fleet, Admiral Byrd Antarctic Expidition II and many other subjects, all taken in the 1930's - Welcome To Old

Your main forum is dedicated to WWII aircraft and although some of my photographs such as the Vought SB2U-1 Vindicator and the PBY were used at the beginning of WWII, the majority of bi-wing aircraft were not used in the war effort, so I thought this would not be an appropriate place to do a post.

Just Postem!!! - close enough to WW2 and welcome!!!

PS - just put a link to your site on your siggy

Welcome to the forum. I maintained crypto equipment for the Navy from
about 1953 to 1971. Did 11 months in Nam attached to NavSuppAct
DaNang and later to the ROK Army. Enjoy the place...

Charles

Sounds like you have found burried treasure. I cannot wait to see them. I have traved around with my father for years looking for an old collection.

Welcome to the site

DBII

You are more than welcome here, dont be suprised if we act like vultures for input, we are ! please post everything you have :D if not we'll sick lucky and his skirts on ya!:lol:

by the way dont look up if hes wearin a skirt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back