The Travels of Tel's Tin Tent.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks my friend, my thoughts exactly.

It's sad to see it go, but to be honest, it was getting a bit much for me, as driving it long distances, and getting in and out of the cab, was becoming uncomfortable to painful, due to the worsening effects of Rheumatoid Arthritis (and some Osteo Arthritis now , too ! ).
I'm happy that "TT" has found a new home, with an experienced mechanic who will look after it, and I'm sure he'll have many pleasant trips.
I now look forward to further adventures in " Tel's Trail", the Nissan, a much more modern vehicle, with auto transmission (and much better fuel economy ! ), although, of course, it lacks the " home from home " features. But it's got a built in "Get Lost Easily" machine ( SatNav), so I can listen to "Bitchin' Betty " during boring legs of journeys !!

I hope to bring you all more underwhelming adventures, and photos, once the UK "lockdown" eases enough to permit such travels - watch this space !

Evolution - The next step .......

Well, I.m now established on the camp site at Scole, in Norfolk.
Although delayed a few hours, due to a road closure, the "new" caravan was delivered on Tuesday evening last week, and Karl spent a couple of days here helping out ( i.e., doing all the donkey work !! ).
Karl has dubbed the van "Plastic Palace", whilst I'm considering calling it "Van Blanc", but either way, it's in better overall condition than I expected, and everything works, including water, lights, fridge, cooker, shower etc.
After 9 days of beautiful weather here, I'll be heading home tomorrow, in order to try to speed up things re getting some treatment to lessen the pain and extreme stiffness, as the Covid emergency is preventing me getting the Ritixumab infusion which had been scheduled for March.
Once that's sorted, and a small job done on the X Trail, I'll be travelling back to Norfolk again, to stay a couple of weeks or more, and hopefully, get to photograph a friend enjoying a flight in a Buchon, at Sywell.
I'll post some initial pics of the van and X Trail on site, when I get back home, either tomorrow or over the weekend, and I'm looking forward to more travel adventures from this new base during the remainder of this summer and, all being well, in years to come.

Thank's Andy. Yep, and the lucky chap has already had a flight in Spitfire Mk.IX, OU-V !!!!
I'm not jealous, honest - darn, my nose has grown again !!!!!

Hope I get some good ones. I'm allowed "air side", and close up, and. have to attend the same briefing. Scheduled for 15.00 hrs on August 20th, so I hope the weather is reasonable.

As promised, some pics of the "Plastic Palace" aka "Van Blanc", during the initial try-out, and later in the week.
Karl is doing his cheffing thing, and, of course, a shot of one of the priorities !
I'm going back in a couple of weeks time, and hope to get some pics of local places of interest and, all being well, some shots of Max enjoying his Buchon flight, from Sywell, on 20th August.

DSC_0007.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0026.JPG
DSC_0027.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG

Yep. it was a trifle worrying, wondering if we'd have to kip in our cars. Must have looked strange, two of us sitting around a table, with a BBQ and beers, in an empty field !!
Turned out alright though, and I had a great twelve days in the sunshine, re-charging my batteries after four months of lockdown, in mainly wet and cold conditions "up north".

I would go for the old crafty hen myself. :)
If wasnt for the taste i will be for the name.

Ordering one around here will get some laughs i tell you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back