The Travels of Tel's Tin Tent.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A few more pics from the Norwich Aviation Museum, including some cockpit sections housed in a temporary "tent" type building, one of which is a rare Buccaneer S1 cockpit.

Later that week, I met a really pleasant chap, who was following the Round Britain Rally, an event for motrobikes and three-wheeled vehicals of all ages.
Jamie had traveled from Sussex, and is 73 years young, a former Merchant Navy seaman, and still riding bikes, although he recently downsized from a 1400cc monster to a still big enough 650cc, as the bigger bike was getting a bit heavy for him !!
I'd loaned him a water container when he arrived on the campsite with his 'bike, small tent and basic equipment (obviously having to travel light), and, when he returned from his day's tour the following day, he thanked me by bringing a couple of bottles of excellent, single malt whisky over to the van. He'd visited the English Whisky Company, at St.Georges Distillery, at Roudham, further north in Norfolk , and bought some rather expensive examples, at £42 per bottle.
I have to admit, that, between us, we put a very large dent into the contents of one of the smooth, peaty flavoured bottles, and I certainly didn't need any rocking that night, getting to sleep.
A really nice chap, and I enjoyed our conversation ( and drinks !) in the warm evening sun. Pics of Jamie and his 'bike, and a leaflet from the Distillery.

I'm planning to head back to Norfolk on the weekend, and will probably stay until the end of September, when I'll close-up the 'van for the winter.
With luck, Max's Buchon flight might take place, and i also hope to get "out and about" in the region, when i should get some pics of the local area.

Scole 13.jpg
Scole 14.jpg
Scole 15.jpg
Scole 16.jpg
Scole 2020 001.jpg

Attachments

• Scole 11.jpg
    Scole 11.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 39
  • Scole 12.jpg
    Scole 12.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 38
Thanks chaps.
I'll post another up-date of The Travels from Tel's Tin Tent during my next trip down to Norfolk, next week, or, at the latest, when I return at the end of the month.

I'm back at the 'van, and should be here for the next two to three weeks, before closing it up for winter storage.
Found a minor problem, in that the 12 volt system, which powers the water pump and secondary lighting, isn't working. It may be a dead battery, possibly due to a poor connection, or it may be that the charging system is knackered. Either way, it should be a straightforward fix, and as everything else still works, I'm not too concerned.
Going to order a porch awning, and try it out, ready for next season, and this should be with me, and erected, early next week.
The weather so far is pleasant, and the forecast from Sunday onwards is good, with sunshine and temps between 25C and 31C for the next two weeks at least - a great and welcome change from the dull, damp conditions at home.
I hope to get "out and about" during this visit, and I'll post any pics I get as and when time, and 'net connection, allows.
As I type this, two Ospreys, from Mildenhall, have just thundered directly overhead, at less than 1,000 feet - didn't have time to grab a camera though.

Oh look, beer ..............................

Glad your having a good time with nice weather. I'm at the tail end of a week's vacation myself but the last 4 days have been crap. Cold, cloudy and rain. Like some one switched off summer and we're in late fall

I think the seasons have gone t*ts up - the forecast for the next two weeks is showing sunshine, and temps up to 31 - 32C !!!
When I left home on Thursday (204 miles north and west of here), it was dull, damp and cold, as it was, off and on, for a lot of this summer. Had the heating on in July !
But with good weather forecast, I'm a happy bunny, as it eases the aches and pains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back