The Trip That Wasn't a Trip (or Have a Nice Trip, See you Next Fall!)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
Well, I'm back from DC. hmmmm. This wasn't really a vacation of sorts - but a working vacation. I'm a shop steward in my Union (yeah, yeah, a conservative in a democrat bastion, hey, I live in Jersey!!) and they sent me to the National Convention in DC. There really wasn't much time for sight-seeing as the convention - which I HAD to attend - was from 8am to 5pm every day - so I was only able to eat in some fancy puke joints and hit the sack. One problem besides time was location. The Hotel was almost outside DC, northeast of Georgetown. Problem 3 was the camera. I brought brand new batteries that must have been manufactured in 1967 - I was only able to get 2 pics before they were exhausted!!! Pissed me off!! Oh well.

First is a pic of the convention where I studiously worked hard for my fellow brethern. I did, really. The next shots are of the hotel. Now I did this because this hotel is the Washington Hilton. Ring a bell? April 1981? President Reagan was shot by Hinckley at this hotel and I took a pic of the area where it happened. There are no markings commemorating the event which is proper.

There was one night which I did manage to get to the Mall and visit the Lincoln Memorial. Place is awesome at night! Then worked my way down to the WWII Memorial, visiting the Korean and Vietnam Memorials. The last is the WWII Memorial as best as the sh!tty camera would do for me!!

I also bought a disposable camera and some friends took some pics that they will get to me soon. So the ride ain't over yet!

Attachments

• DC001.jpg
    DC001.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 283
  • DC002.jpg
    DC002.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 273
  • DC003.jpg
    DC003.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 276
  • DC004.jpg
    DC004.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 255
  • DC005.jpg
    DC005.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 253
  • DC006.jpg
    DC006.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 255
  • DC007.jpg
    DC007.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 311
  • DC008.jpg
    DC008.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 241
  • DC009.jpg
    DC009.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 251
Ugh... too many years in DC.

DC is a wonderful place for tourist. The history in this city is beyond compare.

But if you have to visit this city often it is a cesspool. Sadly a third world country in a first world nations capitol.

I am embarrassed that this is my nation's capitol.

Agree Matt - the last time I was there I saw a "battle royale" between 4 hookers - it was actually pretty funny.

I spent a week in DC when I came home from Iraq. Me and the wife went there. I really enjoyed it. The sites and the museums are fantastic.

Glad u made it through ur trip in one piece Chris, was afraid u were gonna get mugged, raped or dismembered on ur little trip...

But then again, I remembered that ur from Jersey, and the thugs and punks there are just as pathetic as the ones in D.C.... Too bad u didnt get to the NASM though...

He only has to go see the new Transformers, there's a nice tour in that film! :lol:

In all seriousness, they focus right in on the Corsair so that's pretty cool.

Nice shots Chris!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back