The ultimate aerial kill!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Agreed....amazing photos!!!

Heh...check out the comments at the bottom. Couple of absolutely clueless retards there!!! Animals should settle their differences through diplomacy??? WTF!?! I sincerely hope that's just sarcasm!

Notice the Eagle starts his attack from behind and slightly below. Guess the rules are the same for all winged warfare.

'We could do with more of these magnificent birds to rid this country of its flying rat population.'
- Frank, Dublin Ireland, 15/3/2010 17:49
Maybe they could rip the heads off knuckle draggers like you too.
- Ian Simms, France, 15/3/2010 16:11

We're keeping our 3 kilo Yorkshire Terrier in from now on...he just wouldn't stand a chance with a 99 mph dive-bomber like this eagle!!
- George E, Lancs, UK, 15/3/2010 17:34

I once saw two bald eagles have a loud spat on a high tree branch at a local park. They argued for several seconds before the loser flew off. It was the first time I'd ever seen bald eagles in my life and it was amazing.
- Aardvark, USA, 16/3/2010 4:19

Eagles will take any food they can get. My female German Shepherd was in heat last month. We were in our back yard (garden) and a Golden Eagle swooped down. It was going to attack my dog, but pulled up at the last moment when it realised it's target was just too large to take on. Still, it dropped down below our fence (less than 6 feet off the ground) and passed within 2 feet of my dog. It was clearly attracted by the smell of fresh blood, and had my dog not been so large it certainly would have gone through with the attack. The neighborhood rabbits aren't so fortunate. You can hear their screams as they get yanked into the sky by a set of razor sharp talons almost daily right now.- John, Dallas, Texas, 16/3/2010 10:43

Hate the way large predatory birds have been introduced into the enviroment in this country. Losing the smaller song birds is tragic, I remember hearing there beautiful songs at 2 am or so in the quiet of the early hours and I don't hear them anymore. I have read comments saying it is cats but I don't believe that, we have always had cats and suddenly now that these large predatory birds are introduced and we are losing the song birds. Likewise they have always been caught in countries like Portugal and it hasn't affected the numbers like this. I know nature is cruel but when these larger birds are affecting the smaller bird numbers like this it isn't a natural thing it is human intervention.
- Marie, Lancs, 16/3/2010 17:06

These are some of my favorite comments, and I really laughed at some of them.

Cool stuff... great pics

Now were going to be flooded with motivational posters with a dozen different captions.

Clearly "Marie" is an idiot. And "John" isn't too smart either. It's an eagle, John, not a shark!!!

Fantastic pics

Once saw a Hawk drop into my back yard to take a rodent (not sure what kind, didn't get a look at the target). Was watching TV and just saw the thing drop like brick into the yard out a large set of French Doors off my back deck. It went down so fast I thought for a second it was hurt. By the time I got up and go over to see what had happened, it was flying away with a rodent in it's claws.

Fast man, really fast.

Went over and yelled at the cat(s) for letting the rodent population get that closed to the house. They took it very well ("FU Pal").

We have hawks and falcons all over the place here in Dallas/FortWorth. They're all the time sitting on top of lights along the freeways. I watched one swoop down into the median one day on my trip home....sucker looked like it was on an invisible bungee cord, it bounced back in the air so fast (wiggly-furry bundle in claws, of course!)!!!

WoW Eric, great find!

Hats off to Rob Palmer for those incredible shots!

And as for the comments...they are proof that the human race has a collective IQ of a kitchen sponge. Anytime you have doubts, just read the comments on any of those sites...

As far as Eagles go, I watched one years ago dive on the neighbor's cat as it was crossing the road...the cat never saw the Bald Eagle coming until it was too late...I thought that was exceptionally cool (especially since I hated that cat)...

Hate the way large predatory birds have been introduced into the enviroment in this country. Losing the smaller song birds is tragic, I remember hearing there beautiful songs at 2 am or so in the quiet of the early hours and I don't hear them anymore. I have read comments saying it is cats but I don't believe that, we have always had cats and suddenly now that these large predatory birds are introduced and we are losing the song birds. Likewise they have always been caught in countries like Portugal and it hasn't affected the numbers like this. I know nature is cruel but when these larger birds are affecting the smaller bird numbers like this it isn't a natural thing it is human intervention.
- Marie, Lancs, 16/3/2010 17:06 .

Erm, I'm pretty sure there are no Bald Eagles in Lancashire. There are also one or two native Raptors in Britain.............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back