The Weather Where You Live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Humid, but still on the cold side, with drizzle and the occasional thunderstorm. Gotta love the weather on the far, Northern California Coast!

Fall-like weather here in Redding.

Typically, this time of year should be triple digits (105°F - 110°F) but it's been in the mid 80's and a few days of rain (also unseasonable) a few days ago, that saw daytime high temps around 68°F.

Also, a week ago, when Cyclone Hilary (which became a Tropical storm after reaching landfall) made it to northern California, she left a fresh coat of snow on the upper portion of Mount Shasta.

97°F/36°C with 65% humidity yesterday (9/4) with a nice wind, and supposed to reach 90°F/32°C (9/5) today. Looks like this is going to be the last 'hot' day for the year as it is supposed to drop into the upper-70s for highs over the next week (yay!).

Fall-like weather here in Redding.

Typically, this time of year should be triple digits (105°F - 110°F) but it's been in the mid 80's and a few days of rain (also unseasonable) a few days ago, that saw daytime high temps around 68°F.

Also, a week ago, when Cyclone Hilary (which became a Tropical storm after reaching landfall) made it to northern California, she left a fresh coat of snow on the upper portion of Mount Shasta.
I'm Northwest of you, in Humboldt County, (Hiding behind the "Redwood Curtain"!) and we have had temperatures in the high sixties and, even, the low seventies, off and on for a couple of weeks. That and the occasional thunderstorm along with light drizzle, has made for an interesting close of our summer and a taste of what fall, and winter have in store for us!

It's been warm and humid, I didn't go out much. How anyone ever lived in the southern US before air conditioning, I'll never understand. Temps in high 90- low 100's with humidity in the 75+%.

I was born and spent my first 5 years in Port Arthur, right on the Sabine River. No air conditioning in the house, but we did have whole house fans and lots of trees to shade the house. 100F and 100% humidity for the summers. Always the lovely aromatics of the refineries wafting thru the house if the wind was from the southern half of the compass. Then we moved to the west side of Houston.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back