The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not a Kestrel, and beware of the 'colour' !
Remember, without a distinct reference, such as scale, background etc, colours can be perceived far differently compared to how they would appear in the 'full picture'. Also, cropping and enlargement can display grain, corrupted pixels etc. not apparent at 'normal' size.

With five wheels, I'm wondering if its got two 'bumper' wheels at the rear for those 'enthusiastic 'take off / landing moments. ?

Working on that and its a :-
Single seat (plus trainer variant)
Jet
Western
Bigger than my lunch-box...ooeerr missus !
Etc etc

Saab Draken ?

Shall we continue for a day or so, or would you all prefer the answer?
EDIT- final clue - versions of this aircraft have been, or are being used by three nations, one of which is Spain. Now, no cheating by using 'Google' or similar - this is supposed to be a quiz, he he!

Last edited:
OK, I'll let you have that, as I presume it's your answer. It's the laser ranger/designator on the sharp end of a Harrier GR9.
You got there eventually, well done!

Attachments

• Cosford 080.jpg
    Cosford 080.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 67
Well I'll be danged...I had thought perhaps a Harrier when the clue regarding the wheels was posted...but I couldn't recall ever seeing yellow on one!! (I am used to seeing our harriers which were all haze-gray...lol)

Great challenge, Terry!! :thumbleft:

I kept thinking it was some part of some nose-art on a museum aircraft! Airframes, you are one sick puppy! Dare I say 'next'...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back