The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For the Quizz I'll try a wild guess (following Aaron guess) but I'll go for a B17. I am pretty sure I am 100% wrong but worth the try.

Capt ! you've been there ! how was it ? I am planning to go there.

O
For the Quizz I'll try a wild guess (following Aaron guess) but I'll go for a B17. I am pretty sure I am 100% wrong but worth the try.

Capt ! you've been there ! how was it ? I am planning to go there.

Worth the trip my friend! I remember it being called something like the Technikal Museum and it wasn't huge, but that room is chock-o-block full of all manner of transportation. Planes, trains, cars...all very interesting. Now mind you this was going on 20 years ago so I don't know what it's like now. I at least hope it has a better gift shop! All they had was a pitiful soviet era hold-over! Hahahaha. Also I would recommend going to the airplane museum at Kebly(?) IIRC. I have never been, but I hear it's great. Oh and do try the local beer! Best I ever had.

Sorry for hijacking the thread for a minute guys...

Hummm this is my Avatar's good old enemy friend's the Spitfire view from the back rear window right ?

Capt ! you are right there is also this museum as I know they have post war Avia/Messerschmitt 109262 ( single and double seater ) definitely got to go there !
I am just coming back from a Brazilian Beer session ( most commonly know as : a Bar ! btw I'll surely impress myself tomorrow morning if it is a Spit in the quizz judging by my current state); and I'll take you advice in consideration about local beer also !

Museum discussion is over ; sorry guys ! hope this could motivate some of you to go to this museum too !

No problem with hijacking when discussing Czech beer! I'll be having a few (OK, a lot!) later this year, and might even get to visit the Museums in and near Prague on the return journey.
Very well done my friend, it is indeed the small window, behind the cockpit, on a Spitfire MkVb, this one in the colours of a Polish Squadron, at Duxford.

Attachments

• Czech 080.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Czech 082.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 70
This is right kind of challence you gave to us Airframes and it should be always. pictures of what it is on common planes, mostly these on ww2 and on museum.

Grampa is right this is good way to discover famous aircraft on an other angle !
Gosh I am happy to find out about this one coming back from a bar

My dear Friends I know this is my turn, but I am going on holyday in Brazil and I am not sure I'll get access to internet ; as a result I pass my turn on this one to anywone who want to post a quizz because I am not sure I'll be here to confirm the answer if I post one.
Be my guest, I'll be back in 10 days.

Have fun my dear friends

Crickey Aaron, that was a half hearted guess as the pics I have of the T28 show a vertical 'face' instead of a nicely rounded one where the rudder would go...Ive added a pic that shows what I mean. I am surprised indeed

Rats....I'll have to find one now !!

Attachments

• t28.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 101
Mine is of the C variant which is the Naval version with the tail hook.

Is that 'C' or 'sea' ?

Right, I've a had a furkle...or two or three !.. through the archives and thought I'd throw this one for you to guess straight away (reputations are at stake here guys ). It just missed that Last Big One !

Aaaand its a sneaky one

Attachments

• what8.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 115
I said this one was sneaky....

It is a cowling....but its open

No armament but amongst other things, it was operated as a spyplane postwar.

Users who are viewing this thread