The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ah, sorry Graeme. By 'two distinct types', I meant the original series - A,B, C etc, then, for want of a better description, the modified version which still had a 'series' letter, an a different name, but not turboprop or similar 'conversions'.
Nit picking, I know, but Gary is close, and you are closer !
A very strong clue to help - this model was American, and an earlier series before ..............

the modified version which still had a 'series' letter, an a different name,.

Not sure about your "strong clue" but I'm thinking of another name - Nomad??

Nomad.jpg

Nope.
I think I've confused things, and made this ore complicated than it should be, so my apologies.
The particular type was built in America, had a certain conversion, and was used by another country as a military aircraft, mainly in another country again !
It's a military aircraft, outwardly not very different to others in the series, and had an effective ground attack capability.
The 'series' letter was also out of sequence .......

so my apologies.

No need Terry - I'm thoroughly enjoying this!

The particular type was built in America, had a certain conversion, and was used by another country as a military aircraft, mainly in another country again !.

For the French in North Africa?

So would it be > North American (Sud-Aviation) T-28S Fennec?

Google says there's one at Duxford - close to your camera?

Fennec - DUXFORDfotoGALLERY

KEEP TRYING.jpg

That's the one Graeme !
The T-28S 'Fennec', used by the French in North Africa, and there are two at Duxford, where the pic was taken.
I took the pic as a detail shot for the model I'm still waiting to finish, and cropped it for this 'quiz', having noticed the tail of the second one in the background, which I suspected might cause some to think the subject had twin tails !
The subject is the 'silver' example, the camouflaged one is in the background - pics of both below.

Duxford show Sep 13 Fuji 093.jpg
LG 28.jpg

Thanks Terry - we got there in the end! :)

Just goes to show what an impressive and diverse career the T-28 had.

But full marks to Gary for getting to the T-28 stage when I was off hunting Jap float-planes - so over to you Gary...

Very sporting of you Graeme, and I guess Gary did get its original designation with T-28A.
I'm probably wrong, as no war bird is 'cheap' to run, but the 'Fennec', or 'Tojan' has always seemed to me like an affordable war bird, 'affordable' being a relative term !

Sorry chaps, been neglecting you guys !
I thougtht it was a 28 as I posted a similar shot waaaay back.
Have a go at this one
what.jpg

Sorry chaps, cant get used to this new-fangled method of applying pics ! :(

Not a bad stab Jim, but no, not the Northrop Raider.
However it is a large tail-dragger like the Raider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back