This is seriously p*ssed-off me.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm sure that the other prisoners will have a lot of fun with him, but (presuming he's locked up), he's not your problem. Worry about your grand-daughter; professional counseling would not be amiss; child psychiatrists are in very short supply, and this sort of violation can cause lasting psychiatric damage, not least of which is PTSD.

I'm sure that the other prisoners will have a lot of fun with him, but (presuming he's locked up), he's not your problem. Worry about your grand-daughter; professional counseling would not be amiss; child psychiatrists are in very short supply, and this sort of violation can cause lasting psychiatric damage, not least of which is PTSD.

Agreed. I've seen first hand what this kind of trauma can do. Its an emotional cancer: treat it ASAP.

Also take care of yourself and your family. This can be as traumatic for you as for her.

I am so sorry to hear this.

Personally jail is not a good enough sentance. Any person who will do something like this to a child deserves not to live.

Having said that Paul, your family needs you. Clear up your head and don't do anything stupid.

I volunteer at a place that deals with victims such as your grand daughter, and there are a number of agency's and Not For Profits that will offer free counselling for her funded by the VOCA (Victim Of Crime Act) and I would really recommend something like that for her. Even though the impact might not be seen today and everything might appear to be ok, it can come back at a far later time in a bad way. If you need any contacts for your neck of the woods or where ever she lives at please let me know.

Words cannot express my sorry for her (and you), and my rage against him.

With all here. I am very very sorry to hear this Paul. A such scoundrel doesn't deserve to live. He should be impaled for what he did.

I thank you all. And despite my earlier declarations of possible mayhem, you may all rest assured that unless there is some serious miscarriage of justice, I will be content to let the powers that be, carry out their jobs. The INDIVIDUAL is now being held on a One hundred and ten thousand dollar bond, so there is probably no way he is getting out. The local bonds woman is a friend of ours and has assured us that she will not do it.
I went to work today and circulated some of the information as I had it, and got some surprising results.
It seems that this INDIVIDUAL has had previous complaints. It seems that this is the first that has had physical evidence.
She is my third grandchild, but she has always been my favorite. I know that you should not have favorites, but she has always had a goofy, happy quality, that when I see her, my heart sings.
All my girls come running when I see them, and I say, "Hello, girlses!", but she always hugs me tightest.
Nothing has changed that way, because I am "Pappaw", But it seems to me that she is "darker", if you catch my drift.
We have told her that she is a good girl for telling what happened and that she is not to blame, but there is a now a solemnness to her attitude that should not be in a 5 year old.
Maybe I read too much into things.
Time will tell.

This is a real tragedy. Sorry to hear about it my friend. With any luck, since she is only 5, she will not remember it in years to come. Our prayers are with you and your family.

I think you natrurally read her too much and yet correct, she'll naturally be bewildered and have some self doubt and guilt for being so initially trusting.

With some help, understanding and no mountain from a molehill in her eyes, time will hopefully bury this to the remaining enjoyment of childhood and some normality like (apologies) a broken leg from an insane stranger.

My thoughts, concern and wishes of as swift settled end to the legalities for her and your family.

Last edited:
This brings back a bunch of memories for me. Please know that what worked for us may not work for her because everyone is different.

We tried not to dwell on it around her. Of course we talked with family members and attorneys when we were off by ourselves. But we treated each day as normal around our daughter. We didn't change her daily routine, didn't overdo anything so she could understand it was going to be OK now. Like I said before, we took her to counseling but after a number of weeks she told us, I'm just tired of talking about it. We took that as she was done with it and that was that. Of course the memories are still with us and I'm sure with her. I would imagine since this happened when she was 8 or 9 that some of the memories of it have faded away as she is now 20. Heck, I hardly remember anything from when I was 8 or 9.

And yes, vent away my friend!! All you want and need.......

Again, thanks all!!!
The INDIVIDUAL is under a $110,000.00 bond with three counts of felonies involving sexual misconduct with minors.
We have received confirmation that he will not get bonded out by the only bail bonds woman in town, a friend of ours. (and thus have the chance to run away to do more to other little girls)
His court date is the 20th. (Such things move fast here in a small town), and I will be requesting a day off to be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back