This is seriously p*ssed-off me.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The INDIVIDUAL asked for a trial by jury at the last moment. This threw a monkey wrench in, as those of you who follow American judicial traditions, will understand.
This delays the proceedings by at least another week, if not more.
By the way, the INDIVIDUAL'S name is Charles Wilson Atkinson.

He is now a matter of public record is why he can be named. That in itself is a plus, if one has to look for a positive.

Keep us posted, or is there a local newspaper in the area that will, or has been publishing something on the bugger?
Keep in mind Paul, matey, you have a wailing wall if need be.

Just sayin.

Did a google search of his name and 'Franklin' and the SOB pops up all over the place. Hope he gets a cellmate that makes the rest of his life a living hell.

There was a very famous case (not of child abuse; Richard Crafts murdered his wife and fed her through a wood chipper) which was heavily covered in the state's media. They had a bit of trouble finding a jury (actually, they had to do it twice. The first time, a juror walked out of the courtroom, causing a mis-trial).

They can find a jury.

Unfortunately the "gears of Justice" don't always work. Personally I've yet to find a law the works FOR me. With all my heart I hope this is not the case here. I think he made a bad choice. Unless he can get a fellow pedophile on the jury any parent will hang him by the cojones (now there's a picture). Unfortunately she will have to testify once again in open court

I've heard from Paul and he's asked I forward an exerpt from our conversation.... I've taken the liberty of editing, so here's what is happening.

I think we can Forgive him for his absence in a time like this.

Bill

"The jerk has gone for a trial by jury, which clogs up the system a bit. He is buying himself a few more days away from the big house. My guess is that he will try to prolong the trial and then try for a plea bargain. He knows the hell that awaits child molesters. So there is a kind of satisfaction there.

There is no chance that he will get away with it. We have DNA on our side, (you figure That one out), so any kind of side stepping by his lawyer will be mute.

Those close have also told us that any attempt to switch judges (to possibly find one sympathetic to the jerk) will be met with a solid wall of child abuse hating judges.

I am not doing anything to distract me from this issue, (I.E.) I have no time for modelling right now, I have let this issue take over. This is why I have kept away from the forum, all this is just too much for me right now."

Paul

Like Mike, I don't believe in either the police or the justice system itself, but I do hope justice is done here.
Bill,please let Paul know we understand, and hope this will be resolved soon and that he will be able to move on from it when it is.(sounds like stupid words I know, but you know what I mean)

Agree... He's not alone, we're all here, with him, for him and his family, the forum is the least important thing at this moment, we'll be here when he comes back, in his own time of course!
Shame that we all can't be there in person!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back