Time change

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RabidAlien

1st Lieutenant
Apr 27, 2008
Hurst, Texas
Don't forget, yall, that tonight is time change. Set your clocks forward an hour, for those who live in states that do the time change thing.

I'm glad somebody warned me.
I got up at my usual time, looked at the time on the computor later, thought I had had a senior moment and lost a hour of time.

Heh...I remember when I got stationed in Hawaii, I was talking to my Dad on the phone and he mentioned the time change. So I dutifully set my clock (can't remember which direction) and was an hour off for about half the next day before someone mentioned that Hawaii doesn't do the time change. Ticked me off, cuz now I had to remember to add even more to the time when I called home.

Now, the sun is still above the horizon when I've finished supper.:D I can watch the setting sun moving from its Winter Southeasterly setting position, to the due West position. From there, it's on to its move to the Northwest.:D I wonder if this Summer will be warmer than last year?

I hate the time change. I don't see the reason for it since they have now proven it doesn't work as far as saving energy. It's an antiquated concept and should be eliminated. We have states, even cities that don't follow it.

Heard the other day that Medvedev ordered the time change to be discontinued in Russia as of this year.

It's leftover from the old days when most people worked outside, and the longer daylight meant they could work longer into the evening under natual light.

I like it for the same reason, means I can do more outside after I get in from work.

I don't see any need for it, myself, except that I can mow the lawn after work on Fridays and get to sleep in on Saturdays. Other than that, it doesn't really affect me much.

They are working on getting rid of it here in the states. If you have noticed the Daylight standard was two weeks shorter this year and was last year also.

I enjoy having the extra time in the evenings when it is still daylight and I can do things outside. The down side is that it takes my body a week to 10 days for my body to adjust to the point that when my clock goes off at 5:00 a.m. my body isn't telling me "the heck you say! Fool, don't you know its 4 in the morning!"

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back