Trackie Snaps (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I found a couple jet shots lurking in my folder that I hav'nt posted

Attachments

• Sabre 4.jpg
    Sabre 4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Typhoon 2008 1.jpg
    Typhoon 2008 1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 71
Great thanks Roman
I missed the last show at Duxford due to bad weather and unfortunately couldnt make the Lancaster lecture for the friends of Duxford which included an interior tour of the Duxford Lanc (could of got some good interior images )
next seson I will be very busy getting to as many shows as I can to make up for lost time.
Hope you and the family are keeping well
all the best lee

Hi Lee,

good to hear you had a great time! Say hello to your wife! You seem to be pretty busy, man!
Our family is doing well, my little daughter just started to move on the floor so Tommy is pretty unhappy as she wants to touch all his tanks, trucks, aircrafts etc...:lol:
Looking 4ward to the next year 65th anniversary commemoration of the air battle mentioned in my siggy but I pray for the WW2 vets hoping they will be able to make this trip (to visit us) yet...

Getting out to shoot airplanes is my therapy, Lee. So getting out to many shows next year will be fun. That F-86 shot has some nice color, especially considering that looked like a pretty gray day.

Cheers Eric standard UK weather:rolleyes: as im sure you know.My new post means I get up around Lakenheath fairly often I was contemplating going to the next base open day if i do ill make sure I post a few snaps.

sometimes we get the odd sunny day Im off to the lake district tomorrow for a long weekend break so I hope it will be at least two of those odd days:)

Glad your families doing well Roman give my regards to your wife and the kids did the DVD play ok?

Attachments

• 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 54
Thats a lovely shot of the Sabre, Trackend. Last time I saw one was about three(?) years ago, as it flew directly over my house at about 2,000 feet. I'm a bit out of touch with the airshow circuit these days, where's the Sabre based? BTW, if you need Lanc interior shots, I should have a selection of the BBMF Lanc on trannies, which I took in '83 when I did the AV production.
Also got the East Kirkby one, IF I can find the negs!
Terry.

Quick tip from one "accomplished ameture" photographer to another...seriously consider picking up a polarizer. No matter what you're shooting (unless, for artistic purposes, you WANT some reflections on certain surfaces), your skies will really pop, the clouds will stand out, and your "average vacation shot" will look more like what you would see in a Nat'l Geographic magazine. Otherwise, EXCELLENT shooting, bro!

Thats a lovely shot of the Sabre, Trackend. Last time I saw one was about three(?) years ago, as it flew directly over my house at about 2,000 feet. I'm a bit out of touch with the airshow circuit these days, where's the Sabre based?
Terry.

Its Duxfords Sabre Terry

I use Polarizing filters and Skylight depending on conditions RA but much of the time in the UK it is flat grey overcast rather than defined cloud cover the only real alternative is cut and paste layers in Pshop using a stock of cloud images.

Hi Roman I'll do a Jpeg CD for you and post it to you in the next few weeks
The DVD was late this link is what you need to get a copy Flying Legends 2008 DVD Latest News: A small production delay means the DVD will now be available by 15th September

Know what you mean, Rabid. Very recently had a conversation with a guy who was adament that his digital camera did everything for him, and so he didn't need filters. When asked so how come he had a yellow cast on some interior, artificial light shots, he said his PC would take care of that! Love to see what he tries to do with the ones taken under fluroescent light!
I'm looking into digital SLR's at the moment, to either replace or accompany my old 35mm bodies and lenses; really hacks me off that the lens fittings and filter sizes are different!! Anybody want to buy 2 bodies, 4 lenses etc......!!

Its Duxfords Sabre Terry

I use Polarizing filters and Skylight depending on conditions RA but much of the time in the UK it is flat grey overcast rather than defined cloud cover the only real alternative is cut and paste layers in Pshop using a stock of cloud images.

Hi Roman I'll do a Jpeg CD for you and post it to you in the next few weeks
The DVD was late this link is what you need to get a copy Flying Legends 2008 DVD Latest News: A small production delay means the DVD will now be available by 15th September

Thanks for the link Lee. Will check it out.

Nicely done, Lee. :thumbleft: Layers are the way to go.

Terry, I don't use any filters either and do all of my post processing in photoshop. I have had varying degrees of luck with filters on my digitals. Sometimes you get additional glare, and at other times it has softened the focus. In some cases the focus was so off, the photos were unusable for anything of any size. If you set things right, you can use the filters in photoshop to correct colors, etc.

I only have a circular polariser which I use in good sunlight as a filter. Even then I do a little bit of work in Photoshop - normally adjusting levels and sometimes contrast/exposure.

That is a nice use of Photoshop Lee. :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread