T's Snaps

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You really want me to go broke don't you GG. :lol:
Sure, why not? I did!
pi_grr.gif

Thanks guys

Man, those are great shots Lee!!:shocked!: Now I have a dilema. Macro lens or 500mm lens. Crap.

Thankyou Aaron . your lens choice will be decided by which you would get the most use out of and as with us all how many pennies you have to spend (my camera was secondhand).I believe you can still buy extension tubes which are cheap and will increase your current lenses macro ability by alot it just wont be that brilliant at any moving objects in super close up as the exsposure times go up due to the need of small Fstops for the depth of field and you will have to play around at how you light the subject because the lens will cast a shadow from any built in flashes, So it could be possible to strike a commpromise and get both.

In contrast to the moon images the same evening I also took two sunset shots bit fuzzy as they are cropped from much larger images as I couldnt get close enough even with the zoom zt full streach.

Attachments

• flame.jpg
    flame.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 79
  • birds.jpg
    birds.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Nice shots!

The colors of the sky/clouds gives it a real mellow effect :thumbright:

Very cool shots Lee but what causes the shadow around the birds? I got the same effect when I shot the barn with the vulture. Is it the fact that they are moving?
Aaron, that's color "bleeding" caused by the file being converted to a .JPG file. Your original image you extracted from your camera will have a large file size both in information and viewing area. If you convert to a .JPG, it drops every other pixel and "rounds out" to the nearest color. That causes "bleeding" of colors. Also converting (or saving) to .JPG from a RAW format can mean the difference between an image file size of 1.4Mb in RAW and 450Kb in .JPG (this is a typical example). After you make a copy of your image, and resize it, try using the "Sharpen" tool in the Effects menu (this applies to both PhotoShop and PaintShop, by the way). This can help reduce (or eliminate, in some cases) the bleeding. :thumbright:

There you go Aaron, Im glad Dave told you as I didnt have a clue

Add on to this post I bloody broke my vest pocket Fuji Miju's LCD today by falling on it, so quick web review, checked local store brought 150 quid Canon 12.1 meg Sure Shot A1100 IS its not true 12.1 meg as after compression its around 9.8 but for the price not bad.
This test shot was taken on the way home from work on full auto. 100% frame first image and cropped to 3% second, no Pshopping on either or enhancements
Picture is crap but it contains textures, straight lines, writing and plenty of sky to show fall off, metering accuracy and detail capture. I would say not bad for the price. Yet to try the video the write up says its OK

Attachments

• 100%.jpg
    100%.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 3%.jpg
    3%.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Good shot Lee! I like the cropped and blown up shot. Even though it's starting to lose it's crispness that to me adds to the photo instead of detracting from it.Kinda makes it look like a painting in a way.

I had a nice day out today at a local military show heres a few mono images of some of the guys the first is a chap who dresses as a WW1 french medic so it cried out for a bit of sepia tonning and ageing
the rest are self explanitary
I tagged a couple of aircraft on the end that were at the show to round things off

Attachments

• 1914 french medic.jpg
    1914 french medic.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 58
  • kreigsmarine.jpg
    kreigsmarine.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 59
  • MVT 29th Infantry...jpg
    MVT 29th Infantry...jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 62
  • MVT 29th Infantry 2a.jpg
    MVT 29th Infantry 2a.jpg