T's Snaps

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys
Ok ive redone 2 in mono and added Leonardo da Vinci's version of an Apachi
I spoke to the guys and they said with four men pulling on a coiled line round the central shaft they got it to rise a foot up the mounting rod with those two kids onboard which surprised me

Attachments

• JST_0035.jpg
    JST_0035.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 75
  • JST_0075.jpg
    JST_0075.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 79
  • JST_0067.jpg
    JST_0067.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 68
Trackend...the photo of the little girl with her head turned back towards the camera is stunning. Perfect mood...soothing yet slightly mysterious. I could see that image being used in a variety of places...had to look at it a few times myself.

Thanks for the comments guys specialy yours sabrina
couple more one again from the weekend Tudor event the other is the Chelmer near were I live and two from the Duxford spring show

Attachments

• JST_0085.jpg
    JST_0085.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 20090502_18.jpg
    20090502_18.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 53
  • duxford springshow 2009 066.jpg
    duxford springshow 2009 066.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20090517_30.jpg
    20090517_30.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 52
I'm working nights this week and I always carry my little Olympus 4meg camedia with me. The building next door to were I am working this week has just been finished and it was the first time I had seen the flood lighting on so out came the camera and I took a couple of time exposures
I really like the little Olympus's metering, it is nearly always spot on and just needs some minor croping in Pshop

Attachments

• 20090721_4.JPG
    20090721_4.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 72
  • 20090721_6.JPG
    20090721_6.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20090721_7.JPG
    20090721_7.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 74
Thanks for the nice comment guys. IMO Aaron there's no such thing as a bad camera its just a case of knowing its limitations (they all have them) by getting the best out of your compositions it will detract the viewer away from those limitations.The little Olympus I use for example is old so it takes 25 seconds before its ready to shoot and the auto focus is very slow, so sport etc has to be planned rather than snapped.
Its years since I used a studio lighting set up but last evening I had a chance, it was a group portrait session which I dont like as one to one is far more my scene. The model was Ok but she had a nose stud and various other things including too many eye highlights that I had to remove with Pshop
It was caused by the guy who set up the lighting over doing things I always used to only use a single brolly flash one side and a relector the otherside to give better definition, he had two units and set to high in the air. I also used soft focus which was a quick way of removing skin blemishes I think I should have done some toning down on the earring as it draws the eye away from the face too much but overall I am reasonably happy with the end result but I can still see bucket fulls of errors that I need to take note of for next time.

Attachments

• exsoft.jpg
    exsoft.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
The portrait isn't bad, Lee, it's just the subject has an uninteresting face. That isn't to say she is ugly, I just view faces from a photographer's angle. Angles, lines, strong features and exotic faces are really interesting to photograph for me.

Youre right Eric to be honest i like to see character in a face still it was an evening out and gave me a chance to play I doubt if i will do it again as it's very restricting I much prefer shooting out and about than in a studio setting i tryed some nude work years ago but I am rubbish at figure studies so I gave that up as a bad job.
Tomorrow I think I'll head to the War and Peace rally in Kent (sat nav says its 49mins away) and the weather forecast is good. I just hope its not too crowded last year they had 100,000 visitors over the weekend which aint good for picture taking.

Last edited:
Really cool shots of the building. The angles and lights really stand out.

I agree with Eric regarding the girl...it's a great photo, but she just seems to be too plain.

I wouldn't want to try studio photography...it seems to me, to be far too restrictive.

I look at the girl, and then up at the building for comparison, and I prefer the building. Not saying the girl isn't pretty, but the building has more interesting features llike the geometry and contrasting lights. Don't misunderstand me, a woman definately has features that interest me! :lol:

But I mean that you can move around the building, and get a totally different perspective in your shot and the possabilities are infinite.

And Wheelsup is right, that looks alot like the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, Ca.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back