Train Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just for you Mr C and Sys then....

PRRHerald.jpg

PRR6940-1.jpg

PRR6815.jpg

PRR6131.jpg

PRR6100.jpg

PRR5706.jpg

PRR5502s.jpg

PRR4320sa.jpg

PRR4315.jpg

PRR4314.jpg

PRR4311a.jpg

PRR4308.jpg

PRR1281.jpg

PRR1179.jpg

PRR698s.jpg

PRR460.jpg

PRR460s.jpg

Photos by Otto Perry, Harold K. Vollrath, Bud Laws, Nelson Bowers

A taveller informed a Pullman agent that he wanted a Pullman berth. "Upper or lower?" asked the agent. "What's the difference?" the customer asked.
"A difference of two dollars" replied the agent. "The lower is higher than the upper. The higher price is for the lower. If you want the lower, you'll have to go higher. We sell the upper lower than the lower. In other words, the higher the lower. Most people don't like the upper although it is lower on account of being higher. When you occupy an upper you have to get up to go to bed and get down to get up. You can have the lower if you pay higher. The upper is lower than the lower because it's higher. If you are willing to go higher, it'll be lower."

At this point, the customer walked away and took a cab to the airport....

I have to agree with with syscom3. I've never really liked the streamlined engines either. It kind of takes away from the "Brute" image. I mean a steam engine is all muscle, no B.S., get the job done, hunker down and haulin' freight. The streamlines were made more "eye pleasing" for passenger service and eventhough they were great engines and hauled a*s they just weren't the same.

Here's a couple for the thread taken today just outside London
The first is a type47 from the early 1960s the other is shunt engine locally known as the coffee pot

Attachments

• P5010025.JPG
    P5010025.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 126
  • P5010021.JPG
    P5010021.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 129
Lucky, the suburb I grew up in outside of Minneapolis, had the Milwaukee Road main tracks going westwards to the Pacific.

My fav railroads.....and it's ALL steam and diesel BEFORE the arrival of CONRRAIL....

This is my #1 favorite railroad though....unfortunately, CMStP&P, the MILWAUKEE ROAD is gone today.....but what a scenery!!

WTF? Lucky how did you become a "railfan"?

Some of my favorites...

Has anyone here ever played Avalon Hill's "Rail Baron"?

Attachments

• westernpacificsign.jpg
    westernpacificsign.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Railway-FECRS_logo_round.gif
    Railway-FECRS_logo_round.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 131
  • sac-nrlogo2.gif
    sac-nrlogo2.gif
    5 KB · Views: 138
  • Railroad-Denver_and_Rio_Grande.jpg
    Railroad-Denver_and_Rio_Grande.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 125
  • SP&Slogo.gif
    SP&Slogo.gif
    2 KB · Views: 138
Lucky, the suburb I grew up in outside of Minneapolis, had the Milwaukee Road main tracks going westwards to the Pacific.
Why you lucky so and so so....! :lol: Please do enlighten me....8)

Having a dad, his dad working for the railroad and my dad's cousin doing the same in the '20 and 30's in B.C Canada, I've got this in me blood...especially US railroads, steam and early diesel....but you already knew that..:lol:

Trackend, keep those pics of British trains coming.

I'm interested in the MOW and freight cars, if you have any, or can take some shots of.
Yeah Trackie.....I agree with brother Sys on this one....more pics!

Whoops! Bit of clashing posts going on here....

mmmmmmmmm

Western Pacific ...... "The Feather River Route"

What a strange habit you have Lucky, pics of US railroads! :D

My own particular habit - I am trying to take pictures of all 50 or so major US railroads - but I only get pics of the caboose!

I'm still trying to find a "Feather River" caboose, there must be one in Nevada somewhere.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back