Train Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have a strong feeling that the engineer is leaning out to snag orders and messages from the block operator, by the use of the same contraption to deliver orders to the conductor shown in an earlier photo. Orders and messages are to be delivered to both conductor and engineer.

Those were the days....😉

IMG_20240104_115513.jpg

The conductor grabs train orders from Pennsylvania cabin car (caboose) #477319 attached to an eastbound freight train
at Kentland, Indiana in April, 1962.

Photographer: Unknown

Love me some Keystone E6s 4-4-2 and G5's 4-6-0's.....
View attachment 755476

View attachment 755477
E6s #1600 freight at Montauk View E 1939....
Photo: Dave Keller

View attachment 755478
G5s #22 Morris Park Shops 2/04/38....
Photo: Dave Keller
I was the extra duty operator at Montauk many times. It was a home run of a tour. I've seen that hotel which still stands today. The hotel has some interesting stories of its own. I'd post a link but I forgot its name. Something with an "M"?
Morris Park had a tower of its own, Dunton. Some operators called it "Fort Apache". It was surrounded by tracks with no easy way to get anywhere.
I had beaucoup negatives of towers and equipment long gone. My ex-wife liked the container they were in and pitched them. I regret not deciding to give them to Arrt's Arrchives before realizing they were already gone.

I was the extra duty operator at Montauk many times. It was a home run of a tour. I've seen that hotel which still stands today. The hotel has some interesting stories of its own. I'd post a link but I forgot its name. Something with an "M"?
Morris Park had a tower of its own, Dunton. Some operators called it "Fort Apache". It was surrounded by tracks with no easy way to get anywhere.
I had beaucoup negatives of towers and equipment long gone. My ex-wife liked the container they were in and pitched them. I regret not deciding to give them to Arrt's Arrchives before realizing they were already gone.

Is that Montauk Manor is the background of the 2nd picture?

Montauk_Manor.jpg

I have stayed there a couple of times... Some complain that it gives off a nursing home vibe, but I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back