Train Pics (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes, but that's not the Sandy Ridge tunnel. It's not far from the other end of the tunnel you are looking through if I'm not mistaken. If I had time I'd go tomorrow and do some more searching but I've got some other things that need doing soooooo.:oops:

Hey, got a chance to run out for a little while and get some shots today and a surprise came through town today. Let me know what you think. We don't get to many BNSF's through here.:cool:

IMG_7121 resized 25.jpg

IMG_7122 resized 25.jpg

Great find Cota. That is a great find. That is IMO, one of the best paint/color schemes. Beautiful engine. I'll post the pic. Thanks for the link.

Attachments

• rock island resized.jpg
    rock island resized.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 119
My uncle painted and hand lettered a Athern HO engine just like this paint scheme and style.

Attachments

• 8582.1232247811.jpg
    8582.1232247811.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 89
Next time I go up to see him, I'll take my camera and get a few shots of it. He's does great work. If he ever got into model building, he would put out some great work.

have a good weekend guys! Be back on Monday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Went back to Dante this afternoon and got some shots at the south end of the Sandy Ridge Tunnel. Used my 70-300mm lens and they came out decent. Got a couple in town itself of a couple of engines deadheading.:oops: Please enjoy.:)

IMG_7141 resized 25.jpg

IMG_7159 resized 25.jpg

IMG_7160 resized 25.jpg

IMG_7164 resized 25.jpg

IMG_7167 resized 25.jpg

IMG_7169 resized 25.jpg

IMG_7170 resized 25.jpg

IMG_7173 resized 25.jpg

IMG_7180 resized 25.jpg

IMG_7181 resized 25.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm still trying to find the north end of this tunnel. It's beginning to look like I'm going to have to walk the cleared line over the mountain to find it though. That's going to be a job.:lol: OK! I have found some info and I believe the tunnel that I shot from Trammel last weekend is the same. Clinchfield RR" mile marker 32, Trammel-location of the last spike ceremony. Mile marker 32.5-34 Sandy Ridge Tunnel." Info from the book BUILDING OF THE CLINCHFIELD. Took me a little while to find it.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back