TRS2 by contrail

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
after doing my 1st vac form kit for 30 years when i built the MB2 [still doing little bits on it that i will update on that thread,i thought i'd try something a little easier if there is such a thing with vac form,pics to follow shortly

bob603.jpg

bob582.jpg

bob601.jpg

i plan to put some detail into this kit as its very basic and rare but of an interesting subject

1st i cut out the main body parts from the sheet

bob587.jpg

cut out and added the cockpit floor

bob595.jpg

next went in the bulkhead including the walls of the undercarrage housings and i weighted the nose

bob611.jpg

Last edited:
using a pencil i shaded the front to show up the mould lines
bob608.jpg

then i cut out the windows
bob600.jpg

bob602.jpg

bob604.jpg

then back to the cockpit to start making up the interior as some will be seen
bob583.jpg

bob588.jpg

bob592.jpg

next plan to add some more detail to the cockpit before painting it in the correct colour

i'm enjoying this one for a vac-form its going together quite well a bit fiderly in place but ok,i don't think Chris see's it that wat though as i've been working on it all day

after a tryle fit of the top of the fuselage it was glued into place
bob598.jpg

then the filling started,boy was that boring
bob614.jpg

the body was then primed to see what we had
bob617.jpg

the last pic shows the wings assembled and glued into place these will need a lot of work due to the wing edges needing to be very thin,i gave up trying to use the kit profiles as they were far too thick
bob619.jpg

more progress on this one coming shortly as i'm having trouble getting the right finish to her paintwork,pics to follow

progress so far,i painted the model in a grey primer to show up any marks and the made up and fitted the undercarrage,the main legs in the kit were too short so i had to extend them using scrap sprue
bob654.jpg

bob622.jpg

bob700.jpg

then she was finished in matt white,i've found that the matt white does not cover very well and have had to give it several light coats of paint,i'm still not 100% happy with it at the moment so i might have to do it again

Agree with all. I normally find that a white finish is best with one or two coats of matt white, followed by one or two coats of gloss white, with a clear gloss varnish finish coat. (Or semi-gloss for a more scale appearance.)

nearly done now pics to follow shortly,as i've been finishing off all my started kits this week during the holiday before i have to put them all away for a few weeks because of the extention[we are about to knock through and replace the stairs,but very soon[another 6 weeks approx] i will have my own study/modeling room to display all the kits as well as the large wall mounted pic/diarama of white waltham airfield i started making,happy days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back