Trucks! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thought these might be interesting. Not every day you see a International COE.:oops:
IMG_2470 resized 25.jpg

Cool shots GG!!:shocked!: Is that a 37 of a 38 Ford?:thumbright:
I believe that's a '37 commercial...the grill isn't as round across the top as a '38 commercial is. The poor machine has had a hard life...the dump was added sometime in the mid-50's.

That IH in the foreground is COOL...you just don't see those anymore! That would be worth quite a bit of money restored.

logging%20truck%2001-full.jpg

Heres my favorite, but I'm definantley partial to Kenworths. They have the best turning and they sit up high enough to clear the holes and snags. I hauled logs in the Rockies when I was a bit younger. That was some good times.

ALways been a Kenworth fan myself.

kenworth.jpg

SilverKenworthAeroDyn_Qtr.jpg

I drove a KW T-600 like the bottom photo for a bit in 1999. I have to say that was the nicest truck I ever drove- miles away from the long nosed Pete 379 I was used to running.
My Dad drove cabover frieghtliners and then got a 1974 Mack Cabover and put a million miles on it. I love those 70s trucks myself with those big white steering wheels..

Art

A friend of mine took me to this one tonight. What a find. One of the rarest Macks ever built. Just over 400 were manufactured with the aluminum front panels and the blind style grill.
IMG_5068 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5066 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5065 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5064resized 25.jpg

IMG_5061 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5060 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5059 resized 25.jpg

Incredibly cool!!

You just have tons of cool things all over those hills!

Our area has been pretty much picked clean by collectors, though one pops up once in a while when an old garage is cleaned out, or they clear some land up in the back country.

Thought I'd post a few rigs that have been at the shop over the years...

Attachments

• water_wagon.jpg
    water_wagon.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 1,089
  • Boyd_34.jpg
    Boyd_34.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 1,232
  • manga1.jpg
    manga1.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 1,109
  • manga2.jpg
    manga2.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 1,103
  • Tops.jpg
    Tops.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 1,102
That's one cool Mack Aaron! Would love to sink my teeth into that one and restore it!

Anyhoo, THIS has to be the scariest truck of them all! Remember "The Duel"? 8)

Btw, what's the story behind the Mack dog?

Attachments

• DuelTruck.jpg
    DuelTruck.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 2,012
HERE's a real truck....environmentally friendly and everything!

Attachments

• IMG_4254.JPG
    IMG_4254.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,028
  • IMG_4257.JPG
    IMG_4257.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,036
  • IMG_4261.JPG
    IMG_4261.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,018
Nice shots guys. I've got some road train shots stashed away I'll try and dig out. B doubles are the norm around my way though, semi's are still popular but getting phased out.

Kinda from a trucking family Grandfather drove Diamond T tank transporters and other behemoths and tanks from 39-45 and my old man has done a fair amount of time on Heavy Rigids and Coaches.

Cheers.

I went to a truck show at a man's house. He restored trucks he found in a junk yard or anywhere else and restores them with identical parts from the time and paints them. I did not take any pictures but he had this very cool Mack truck that was meant to carry logs. It was HUGE.

This is not my picture but he did have an Opel Blitz there which was very cool. His truck was a different color than this one.

Attachments

• Opel-Opel-Blitz_1506.jpg
    Opel-Opel-Blitz_1506.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,620
I kinda like this one, a mix of old and new. Trailer looks like it is made to haul Horses with short legs;)

Attachments

• Chevy.jpg
    Chevy.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 5,716
Last edited:
Cool stuff guys. Lucky, I'll have to do some research on the Mack bulldog. I especially like the Opel Blitz and the flamed Chevy car hauler. I've been trying to get to that Mack for a year now and when I got the chance last night the first words out of my mouth were how fast can we get to it.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back