Trump Prinz Eugen 1/350

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think if you research on the net you might find lots of pics of this ship post capture that would indicate the extend of rust..
Or not ? :)Yeah Andy late war and all she was pretty clean.Now in the USN she looks almost white I wonder if for surrender?

on her way to the Pacific
panamacanal2.jpg

Efforts for today some wash still needs to be cleaned up abit more using both black and umber both water colors deck is glued now SS not just stigging buy those pieces are a unit now. ;)

Prinz Eugen 001.JPG

Prinz Eugen 002.JPG

Prinz Eugen 003.JPG

Prinz Eugen 004.JPG

Last edited:
I graduated the school and they shipped what was done to the amt school in Virginia. I had contracted the making of tools to make some of the hardware for the wings and fuselage. Then they, the school, ran out of volunteers. After I was moved to nights, someone messed up some of the formers. The plane is being completed in Virginia.

I knew it! I just knew it was going to happen! :) So dropped a piece 3/8"X1" on the floor a hardwood floor and it got lost really so I left it for a few days and built this...
Prinz Eugen 001.JPG

Then you see of course after I built it I found the orginal looking for one of ladders I had dropped :rolleyes:

Prinz Eugen 002.JPG

Prinz Eugen 003.JPG

Andy asked what I am using for my PE I found this stuff works just as good as gator maybe better because it levels out better.I just rubbed the legs of the ladders in the glue stuck them on and in like 10mins they started felling firm.The nice thing about the glue is that it has some elasticity to it for handing.I p/u at Home Depot on the last flooring project I had to do.

Prinz Eugen 004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally this is what happens to us when we lose a tiny piece on the infinite floor! ... once I reconstructed it and finished the plane, :meh: I had to find them when I am looking for a piece of my next project.
I am waiting for the advance with this formidable ship.

Saludos Kevin :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

I work on a concrete floor. When I drop stuff the funny thing to watch is how I get out of my rolling swivel chair to make sure I don't roll over the part I dropped.

What I've done now was attach an old bed sheet on the bottom back of my work bench. When working with small stuff, I pull the sheet over my lap to catch any stuff that might drop to the floor. Of course it doesn't always stop the projectiles but it reduces the percentage of lost stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back