Trumpeter 1/32 TBM Avenger

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

petadel

Airman
Aug 31, 2008
Cairns QLD
397 parts - whoo hoo !!:twisted:

63 parts in the engine plus my beloved fuse wire !
DSC01163.JPG

DSC01186.JPG

DSC01200.JPG

Flight Deck detail
DSC01206.JPG

DSC01195.JPG

You know the story all the detail then cover it all up !! (But you know it is there !):shock:
DSC01223.JPG

DSC01220.JPG

DSC01228.JPG

DSC01229.JPG

Next installment the folding ( :mad: Arrrgghh !) Wings

Last edited:
Leso et al,

I am afraid that I would either get bogged down and delay the group build - my P40 took me almost 3 months.:oops:

I can't get a clear run without interruption.:rolleyes:

Nice work. Question: Is the oil tank and engine mount visible through an access panel on that model? I'm with you on the time it takes to build a model. My last one took me the better part of 5 months. I only build on weekends though and usually that's just Saturday on averages. And, I don't do the work I've seen others do with interior plumbing lines and such. My theory is if it can't be seen without a strong light and jeweler's loop it doesn't get done.

I'm with Wayne. Try to do one for one of the Group Builds - each build lasts three months, so with a bit of planning it can be done. (He said hopefully, thinking of all the work the Beaufighter needs. Slouches off, stage right, grumbling into his beer....)

Well missed a few photos of the folding wings - must have to admit the Trumpeter wings were much easier on this model than the wildcat by hobbycraft - same fiddely aileron and flap hinges though :twisted:

So now for panel lines and highlighting.

DSC01245.JPG

DSC01246.JPG

I wiped away the excess to show the detail that Trumpeter has put into the Avenger.8)

DSC01250.JPG

DSC01251.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back