U.S. Marine Becomes First Blind Double Amputee to Re-Enlist

ToughOmbre

Senior Master Sergeant
3,732
24
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Location
Jersey Shore, USA
Wish I could shake this Marine's hand and buy him a drink :!: :salute:

From FOXNews.com

He has no legs and no eyesight, but Marine Cpl. Matthew Bradford has four more years of military service ahead of him after becoming the first blind double-amputee to re-enlist.

The rifleman was injured in January 2007 in Iraq when a roadside bomb exploded right under him, the San Antonio Express-News reported.

But after years at the Center for the Intrepid, a privately funded, cutting-edge rehabilitation center, Bradford, 23, has learned to walk with prosthetic limbs and navigate without his vision, and he only regrets that he can't return to combat duty in Iraq, the paper reported.

Instead the Kentucky native will head to Camp Lejeune, N.C., where he will work with other wounded Marines in hopes of helping them cope with anger, depression and other issues.

"I'm paving the road for the rest of them who want to stay in but think they can't," he told the Express-News. "I'm ready to get back to work."

Blind Marine re-enlists

TO
 
:salute:

Truly amazing story!
 
Salute_Smiley_Standard.gif



Wheels
 
I'm amazed he could function without sight in that kind of environment. I gotta say I'm impressed
 
Where there's a will, there's a way. Semper Fi and Bravo Zulu. Any updates on him?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back