UK Teachers to stop teaching the Holocaust... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If they did, the lefties would be the first to be maimed.

Here's another one... Go Canada!

Quebec right on Muslims

While nobody was watching, Quebec quietly became the most self-confident province in the country. A series of events over the past few years have shown Quebec to be proud of its liberalism, proud of Western civilization and proud of itself.

The latest involves the Quebec government giving a Muslim woman who wants to be a prison guard a choice: She could either remove her hijab or she could train to be a prison guard. But she could not do both. The woman chose the hjiab.

Predictably, Muslim advocacy groups have been crying racism. "It is an ultimatum, remove the hijab or you're out of here," said the head of the Muslim Council of Britain. "That's not a security issue, this is much more a bigoted issue."

The government stuck to its guns.

"As a security measure, the hijab cannot be accepted as an element of the uniform to execute the functions of a correctional officer," a department spokesman said.

The Muslim Council called for compromise — something that covers the hair and neck that isn't a hijab — but the government refused.

This may seem unnecessarily rigid on the part of the government, but this is not an isolated issue. All across the Western world, Muslims are struggling to fit in, to balance the norms of liberal democracies with the requirements of their faith.

The wisest thing all societies can do is say, right from the beginning, there will be no compromise on liberal values. Muslims deserve equal rights, not special rights.

You know... it's pretty bad when America/france's bastard child is doing more about racial inequality then EITHER COUNTRY!!!
A sad day indeed...

Please before you just go and jump into a discussion please read all the posts (atleast the 1st post that starts the discussion).

The UK is not denying the Holocaust and never has. The discussion is about TEACHERS refusing to teach the Holocaust because they do not want to offend the Muslims.

Refusing to teach it is THE SAME AS DENING IT!!! By refusing to teach it they are fundumentaly 'forgeting' it ever happened by never letting their children know it happened!! YES< THEY ARE tring to deny it's presence!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but did you just refer to Canada as the United States and France's "bastard child"? Is that ignoring Great Britain's involvement in the creation of the nation?

How about staying on our shores and worry about how the schools deny the existance of God, since you're on a teaching rant.

You know... it's pretty bad when America/france's bastard child is doing more about racial inequality then EITHER COUNTRY!!!
A sad day indeed...

Actually, the French decided they could get around the Hijab problem by enforcing the country's secular laws and banning ALL religious symbols (which by French definition, include the Hijab) from public state buildings - including schools, libraries, hospitals, and any service involving the tax payer's money. I'm willing to bet thats more than what the US is doing.

Refusing to teach it is THE SAME AS DENING IT!!! By refusing to teach it they are fundumentaly 'forgeting' it ever happened by never letting their children know it happened!! YES< THEY ARE tring to deny it's presence!!

Please go back and read my post before you go and off on a half cocked rant like that, allright buddy.

I said that the UNITED KINGDOM Was not denying anything but the Teachers were.

What the Teachers do is one thing, but the government of the UNITED KINGDOM is not and has not denied the Holocaust ever.

Do you understand now, or do I have to make myself more clear. Everyone else seemed to understand it without a problem especially since my post that you are quoting is 8 MONTHS OLD!

It does seem like the French are doing more than the US Arsenal. I think the US can't get its act together when it comes to that. The flurry of lawsuits around Xmas about the Manger and other Christian objects while upholding Kwanza and others smacks of the very discrimination that they dislike. So they go the opposite way and start calling it Happy Holidays or the Festival tree. I cringe at times from all this.

Njaco,

Well, all hope is not lost: There was that recent case of the muslim woman in Florida who insisted on wearing her Hijab for her ID photo on her driver's license. I do believe a judge ruled against her in this case, so it's a start. An ID photo is simply the wrong place to wear a veil, and against the whole point of having a valid ID system. Good to see Florida get the idea, now they need to make a federal issue of it.

How about staying on our shores and worry about how the schools deny the existance of God, since you're on a teaching rant.

YES!!! WTF?!?! What happened to america's F*!@'in BACKBONE?!?!?

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE MAJOR POWERS OF YESTERYEAR? Yes, it WAS a good thing that the soviet union disbanded, But what about Britian? What about America? Two of the most POWERFUL nations in the world are bending over backwards!! For What? A couple of freaks with towels wrapped around their heads? (YES, I DO know they are NOT towels, but YOU look at one and tell me with a streight face that's not what it LOOKS like...)

Oh, and yes, britian DID have a large influence on canada, I just took the two largest influences, cause it's kind of hard for three beings to have one child...

I appologise for anything incorrect I have or will say.

No need to apologize, just tone it down alittle.

What happened? One word.

Democrats.

The mindset of liberal policies started in the '30s with FDR's New Deal, where government took on the role of curing society's ills. And ever since then the culture has changed from one of "let me get my feet planted first before helping others" to "We have to save the world".

The topic of teaching religion.
the liberal ideals allowed an influx of groups like the ACLU and others to challenge everything we do, all in the name of Consitutional liberties. Prayer in school, God on governement currency, all of the christian values and symbols were challenged and attacked. Except those of the minority or foreign cultures. You can bash Christ all you want but don't say anything about muslim, hindu or (at times) judaism or any other religion.

Its a mindset.

The New Deal brought it on, the '60s brought it on, feminism brought it on, enviornmental awareness, ERA, the Civil Rights, etc, etc, etc. Its all how the US population looks at things. Not if it is the right thing to do but does it FEEL like the right thing to do.

Case in point: Iraq.
Now if we ignored the human rights violations, the bullying, the atrocities that Suddam was fostering and practicing, the liberal portion of our country would be up in arms to do something. Sound familiar? Sudan, Somalia, Bosnia?

But instead of going in and correcting things the way they should have been, now we have a 5 plus year conflict (not a war because that ended years ago) where everybody has to double think their actions. Would we be talking about waterboarding if it was against japanese POWs in WWII? Abu Gharib? Gitmo? All this is wearing on the people because liberals have no clue about the real world. Ask a WWII Pacific vet if he hesitated shooting a jap soldier. Sure he regrets it, probably still remembers what it was like, but at that moment he wasn't thinking of the enemies' civil rights or how that bullet would change world politics.

So complain all you want, this is the liberal mindset achieving its goal of consolidating power and keeping the populace dumb. Go ahead, elect more liberals.

And are you saying that the UK and US should disband? Here's something I was taught in school: When you disarm the most powerful, you automatically make every 3rd world country a major power. When the US is on the same level as, say, Cuba or Venezuela, well, gear up, because the wars won't wait for you! I notice you didn't mention China or North Korea! I guess those are ideals powers for you.

Apparently the President of Iran can.

And many other countries "overlook" their past actions. {Japan, Turkey etc}

And what about Israel´s past and present actions? Do teaching programs in England cover Israeli Bolshevik/Nazi-styled practices, policies and crimes against arabs in the bloody region where all those fundamenlists live? I think not...

Njaco, hello...

Well everytime some of those occassional "katyushas" are launched neighboring arabs get Israeli tanks, artillery, helicopters and jets in retaliation.

I do not favor any of these "combatants". Both sides are abominable.

Well I don't know how "occasional" they are to get a response such as you described, Udet. And yes, both sides are to blame but I will tend to blame the Arabs for continuing to foster a hate against Isarel and to do everything in its power to destroy that nation regardless of humanity or peace treaties. And the stupid media here plays right along.

I don't get this out and out hatred of Isarel while the Arabs suicide bomb, toss rockets, hold terrorist camps, etc, etc, etc. And all we get are images on TV of bloody arab bodies. But nothing about Munich, Tenefrie, and hundreds of other acrocities that arab terrorists have caused all around the world - all the while pointing a finger at Isarel. Bloodthirtsy hypocrites are all they are.

I won't get into the Israel vs. Arab debate; I think my views are well known. As for the French actions - they do seem to react better to this new threat to Western society ... they send them all to Britain through the Channel Tunnel. :rolleyes:

Quote Njaco: Bloodthirtsy hypocrites are all they are.

Not really Njaco, what makes you think so?

Let us not forget, that the original Palestinians were merely trying, later fighting to get back their country / land which was taken away from them in 1947.

That now 60 years later no one is able to distinguish anymore between right and wrong after all the wrong doings on both sides is easy to understand. Both sides have their religious trouble makers or fundamentalists. That politicians and power greedy or revenge seeking persons are making use of this chaotic situation is also understood.

I have met several Israeli soldiers who hold more grudge against Jewish Orthodox fundamentalists then against the Arabs or Palestinians.

It was the Jews who used terrorism to gain hold of Palestine - now Israel - via their terrorist organization "Hagganah", "Lehi" and "Irgun", The Palestinians merely copied these organizations via PLO, Al Fatah and Tanzim.

After 4 unsuccessful wars between the Arabs and Israel starting from 1973 onward, Islamism starts to influence or even take over the political leadership in many Arab or Muslim countries culminating in a 9/11.

Enemy No. 1 is off course the USA since it is understood that without the massive support from the US, Israel could not have won and would have had to return 55% of its territory to the Palestinians.

The US aggression towards Iraq (2nd Gulf war) certainly did not help to ease the tension in the world, neither the muscle play against Iran or vice versa.

So IMO the topic Holocaust should not end with 1945 but needs to be continued at least until 1948 and it should be taught that almost 20% of the Jewish population in 1947 were actually deported Egyptian Jews - refugees - which had been sent into Palestine during Rommel's approach to Egypt and that 600,000 Jews in contra to 1,400,000 Palestinians were given 55% of the territory in 1947.

And that IIRC the Holocaust survivors were actually supposed to be resettled in Australia. :)

Njaco and other readers please try to ignore the "Flag" under my avatar.

Regards
Kruska

thye ******* who thought that **** up must be a nazi ¬¬ bastard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back