University Dissertation...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alex .

Airman 1st Class
...IS DONE!

6 months of swearing at Microsoft Word, having what felt like a mental breakdown when Word crashed at 8k words and reading the most dull, uninspiring literature in existence...All over. And I'm bloody delighted, just picked up the bound copies.

To those about to, or thinking of university. Do it. So rewarding to see the finished product of 3 years of studying.

3 exams left and into the big wide world :cool:

me winning.png

BTW, what is the dissertation disserting on ?

A guy called Henry of Livonia who wrote about the conversion of the pagan Baltic - looking at the development of crusades and papal authority... I'm never looking at it again!

What do University grads usually write about? Probably parties and food/drink/company :D hehehehe :)

I'd need double the 10k word limit to talk about that :)

Alex, congrats. Now let's go back to a time BEFORE Word when every page was hand-typed, sheet by sheet and NO erasures or corrections of any kind were allowed. Wanna know how many times I got to the last sentence and hit a wrong key, or left out a comma, or a word....

...IS DONE!

6 months of swearing at Microsoft Word, having what felt like a mental breakdown when Word crashed at 8k words and reading the most dull, uninspiring literature in existence...All over. And I'm bloody delighted, just picked up the bound copies.

To those about to, or thinking of university. Do it. So rewarding to see the finished product of 3 years of studying.

3 exams left and into the big wide world :cool:
Yeah, don't understand why everyone uses Word. It's a silly program. Use LaTeX if your serious about publishing. And backup is your friend...

Anyway congratulations and welcome in the big world. Any plans now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back