** Unofficial ** 109 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ralph Haus

Tech Sergeant
Jul 24, 2016
Leander Texas
Jumping in where I have zero knowledge; but nothing attempted, nothing gained.

Seems like there are a few members who are looking for an 'excuse' to open those dust gathering Bf 109 kits? Our current 'Official' GB schedule is closed until mid 2025 for these birds, and that's assuming they will be selected as a choice in the GB-66 thru GB-73 selection process. This build would be open to ALL 109's regardless, thus the Bf 109-X designation. If there is an interest in, say, doing a sub Kurfurst judjing, or whatever, lets throw it out there.

The 'Bf 109-X Unofficial GB' will begin on Dec. 15th 2023. Seems like a good jumping in point with GB-60 already 6 weeks old and most should have either finished or are close? In any case the proposed 'UGB' will last for four months as well, ending 4/15/24. Certainly these dates are open for debate, but needs to be settled before I start off with mine on 12/15/23.

As with the official GB, entries can be entered with skill tiers. No non-competes in this one. Judging is open for discussion. I assumed that a simple 'member choice' poll, by skill level, could be taken? Or is there a polling choice that would allow assigning a 'grade' to the entry by each member voting? Not sure who or how to do a 'finished builds' photo roundup thread?

Moderators, please pull me back on correct 'path' if I have deviated to far already.

Last edited:
Ok...Get out the darts

Fw109 choices.JPG

Good stuff Ralph. Despite getting my Kurfurst on order for the future, I probably won't be joining this GB. Too many zombies taking up space on my bench and I suspect what little time I have at the bench will be devoted to getting my Anson done once and for all.

Good stuff Ralph. Despite getting my Kurfurst on order for the future, I probably won't be joining this GB. Too many zombies taking up space on my bench and I suspect what little time I have at the bench will be devoted to getting my Anson done once and for all.
That's a real disappointment. I was looking forward to your skills being in the mix.

My options, all 1:72.

Bf 109E-3: Airfix (new tool)
Bf 109E-4: ICM
Bf 109E-4/7: Hasegawa (new tool), Matchbox, Tamiya
Bf 109F-2: Zvezda
Bf 109G-10: Revell (×2)
Bf 109G-12: MPM
Bf 109G-14: Academy
Bf 109H-1: Mark Miniatures, MPM
Bf 109X: RS Models

Decisions, decisions...

Last edited: