Unternehmen Luftbrücke (Operation Air Bridge), WW2Aircraft.net Group Build....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Category 3 beginner
Me-109K-4
Revell
1/48
Don't know the pilot of IV./JG 53
Build out of box(with some additional decals:D )

Attachments

• RE4599[1].jpg
    RE4599[1].jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 34
Category 3 Beginner....(I think, will use aftermarket decals and flattened wheel and possibly prepainted instrument panels...(HELP! Right category?)...)
Bf 109G-10 "Yellow 13" Pilot, Heinrich Bartels.
Bf 109K-4 "Yellow 13" Pilot, unknown.
Both are Hasegawa 1/48
OOB besides aftermarket decals, flattened wheels and prepainted instrument panel...
1 or 2 (G-10's) whichever I can find...and 3 (K-4) which I think I've ordered from Hannant's, still not received an order confirmation, have e-mailed them though.

Finding out more about Heinrich Bartels "Yellow 13" will fun, interesting and educational!

Attachments

• HA09742.jpg
    HA09742.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 38
  • HAJT064.jpg
    HAJT064.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 33
  • HAJT063.jpg
    HAJT063.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 35
  • BartelsG10.jpg
    BartelsG10.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 52
  • EAG48063.jpg
    EAG48063.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 36
Does this guys machine fit the time frame??Deacls or instruction say nothing about era of operation and I am lazy right now and too much knowledge floating in this thread.Oh yea class 2 with Verlindin kit.kevin

I got unlazy kill 120 occurred 2.10.1943 11:40 P-39

Attachments

• gruppe 002 (900 x 675).jpg
    gruppe 002 (900 x 675).jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 35
Guys, if we're gonna do this right, the discussions on ur particular model should be put into a thread concerning ur specific build....

So, Chris, if u would, start a new thread titled "Me 410 B-1/U2/R4 by Njaco" and the specific questions can get answered there without cluttering up this thread....

Will do. Erich, I'm gonna post a question there about Tratt's machine that your response brought to mind. Oh, and Javelin, that mk of the Bf 109 should be fine but the boxart depicts Hartmann's machine I believe and he was on Eastern Front duties, not Reichsverteidigung.

Carry on. :)

Njaco would not that still be a defense of a front some had the W with bomber command and others the E with the advance of the Russkies??

It actually was two seperate fronts until the last days. Reichs defense (Reichsvertiedigung) was more like a Luftflotte when concieved. The Eastern Front had its own 2 or 3 Luftflotte while the West had Luftflotte in Occupied Europe to defend and then the special Reichsver. over Germany itself. At least on paper.

Hartmann defiantely was on the Eastern Front though at the later stages it could be construed as defending the Reich. :)

Category 3 beginner
bf-109 K4
Revell
1/48
useing the decals from the box depicting red 7 of IIIJ/G27
also in the same category 3
fw 190 A8
academy
1/72
black 5 of III J/G 54 in a 76/74/75 scheme as discussed in another thread

Attachments

• RE4599%5B1%5D.jpg
    RE4599%5B1%5D.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 41
  • AC2120.jpg
    AC2120.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 38
Yea, real nice...

I think we've got our Judges figured out, with Wayne, Terry, Erich, Charles and possibly Eric as well....

Thanks, Dan. You guys will notice, I am not entering a model. You don't
have a class that I would fit into. You numbers don't go that high ! I'd
be in the "never built one before" class. I love those rubber powered,
balsa/tissue planes !

Charles

yes I will have to be one of the judges, building a model, man I cannot even think of the time frame that I last built up one - maybe elementary school for an aviation theme - must have been a B-24 I shot to pieces with an overugly Fw 190A-8 flying in behind covered in glue.

lets just say I will be more than available to help out with research going towards these very interesting builds

good luck to all !

E ~

Erich does Hartmann's plane on the E front work or do I need to go W?Also if I need to go W how about some Gruppe #'s so I know what I am looking for at the LHS.Kevin

Kevin it is up to you, my strong points are for the western front crates. I can hep you with gruppes if you so desire, JG 53 operated all the G and k variants of the 109. black fuselage band as standard fit in 45, if you want to do a G-14/AS, G-10 or K-4.

let me know......you have G-10's fitted in III./JG 300 as an example with blue/white/blue rear defense band. JG 4 III. gruppe flew G-10 and K-4 but on the Ost front but they still carried their western front defense band of black, white, black. just some x-amples for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back