Unternehmen Luftbrücke (Operation Air Bridge), WW2Aircraft.net Group Build....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My first entry:

Academy 1/72
FW 190 A8 'Heinz Bär' which includes a kübelwagen.

Cat 3 OOB, I'm still a brush painter so I'm a little apprehensive about getting the camo to look reasonable, but we shall see.

Cheers,

Alex.

Attachments

• heinzbargroupbuild.jpg
    heinzbargroupbuild.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 37
Nice one mate! The mottle is a bit tricky in 1/72nd scale, but it can be done to a reasonable extent. I did mine with a '00' brush, with the paint slightly thinned, and just lightly touched in the mottling 'spots', in a gentle, almost circular motion. Alternatively, you can use the tip of a cotton bud, almost dry. When the mottle is totally dry, go over it VERY lightly, with a broad dry-brush of the base colour (RLM76), just to diffuse the mottle slightly. Once the entire model has had a coat of gloss (for the decals), and then a coat or two of semi-matt clear finish, you should find that the result looks quite good.
BTW, what I've just described was done with Humbrol enamels; you might need to alter it a bit, and/or practice, if using acrylics, as they're not as versatile in use, compared to oil-based paints.
Terry.

Hi All,

Count me in for a cat 3. This will be my first model so tomorrow I go hunting warbirds. (I have just joined the site today, so be gentle).

Cheers Terry, Erich is right though, that bird should have outer 20mm cannons, maybe the box pic is innacurate and the kit has them, I'll have to wait till I get it to check.

The kit definitely has the outboard cannons Muller!

Ah....glad you got your finger out Alex and got organised...good choice mate.

Hi Dingo and welcome! That's what we like to see, just joined and straight in at the deep end! Great stuff! I've listed you as Cat 3, so just start a separate post, as Dan said, when you're ready, and I'll get the details from that.
It's looking good chaps, only 2 days in, and 13 entries so far. (Note the number Lucky!!)

G'day Dingo! Welcome mate :)

I'll get a thread up a running Sunday for my 190.

Thanks for the advice Terry, it will be used thats for sure. I use enamels too mate. :)
Cheers.

Erich,

The kit is Rudels Dora, and the Mongram kit , I'll build as an A 8 with the 20 mm gun pods. I'm starting a post right away.

Slaterat

Here are the two kits :

rudel.jpg

in 1/72 and

fw190.jpg

This kit is from 1973, in 1/48 scale. One of my old time best friends gave it to me from his dads collection, after he passed away a few years ago. It contains parts and decals for 6 versions.

Slaterat

are you using box art and enclosed camo instructions only Slat ? I do want to say Rüd's Dora has been covered elsewhere but am trying to think just where ....... ?

anyone ?

I'm not sure what I'll do with the A-8, but In the instructions on Rudels Dora it says the camo scheme is a "presumptiom", so I'll have to research it.

Slaterat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back