Unternehmen Luftbrücke (Operation Air Bridge), WW2Aircraft.net Group Build....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay... after MUCH deliberation and frustation trying to think of what I'd love to do most, versus what I realistically have time for, I pretty much gave up on it all, so I decided to offer my darling (and enduring!) fiancée - without whose patience and tolerance nothing would get done anyway :)) )- a brief outline of aircraft used in the Defence of the Reich on all fronts with a list of my 9 most preferred to choose from...

The result: 4 aircraft were chosen - and so my entries will be (in order of Ivett's preference, and order of build, as and if time allows: )

1. Messerschmitt Me 163B-1a Komet (Academy 1:72) - it's "cute"! :D

2. Heinkel He 162A-1 or A-2 (Dragon 1:72) - also "cute", but not as much as the 163...

Also chosen were the Focke-Wulf fw 190A-8/F-8 ("not bad"), and Focke-Wulf fw 190D-9 ("not bad either, but the short one's better" - the poor Ta 152 was considered ugly...), but I'll be lucky if I even have time for the first two at the moment.

Hello folks,
after changing the modeling/modelling section here i enter the Reichsdefense GB as Class 2 Builder.8)

Both Aircrafts were part of a flight on 27th November 1944 from 3rd Group JG 26. They atarted from Plantelünne AB; through icing the windows and many other reasons (lack of training, new machines with technical failures, etc.) they didnt had a real chance.:(
Only one ac survived, because its oil pipe broke and the aviator landed at Rheine AB. Here he saw that the 2 airplanes went to ground.
(The story behind the build is published in JG 26 War Diary by J.Caldwell, 1943-1945, PP 381-382 ).

The first :
Messerschmitt Me 109 G-14, Black 16, WNr 460514
Hasegawa 1/32

DSCF4461.gif

The second :
Messerschmii me 109 K-4, Blue 26, WNr 330152
RoG 1/32 reboxed Hasegawa

DSCF4462.gif

greets

Thomas

Righto chaps! Not counting Wayne and myself, so far there are 8 entries for Unternehmen Flugbrucke. These are, in the order received, and with Category entry:-
Lesofprimus Cat 2
Njaco Cat 2
Lucky 13 Cat 3
Javlin Cat 3
rochie Cat 3
Bomb Taxi Cat 3
A4K Cat ?
Tango 35 Cat 2
There is plenty of time to finalise the details of the actual numbers and type/scales of entry, and as long as these details are submitted no later than say, early April, that should be OK. I have recorded those kit details submitted so far.
If you haven't already done so , could you please let me know which category you intend entering.
Eight entries is a very good start in the the short space of time since the concept was first mooted. However, there are more modellers on this forum who have not expressed an interest in joining in, and Ii am wondering whether, after all the in-depth discussion, some of these may feel intimidated or out of their depth. Personally, I believe that this Group Build is a wonderful way to broaden knowledge and improve skills, and that entering this 'competition' is a way of focusing ones self in order to do a better job.
To this end, I will post a separate thread under the 'Start to finish builds' heading, in the hope of attracting more modellers to the fray.
In the meantime, 'Frohliche Frie Jagd!'
Terry.

Thanks Heinz, no rush, you can pass on details when you know what you're doing, along with the category you place yourself in.
Chris, thanks, I've noted you as Cat 2.
Now for the massive influx of other entries...........

A happy new year to everyone around the globe and of course here on the board.

It seems that i have the honor to open the GB with the first report. Both kits were unpacked and washed. Now they are drying. Later this day i will prepare them ( drilling holes, checking the references ).

so long guys

ready for Freie Jagd

Thomas

Your not first, Tango. Check out the threads in the Start to Finish Builds Sub-Forum.

May I suggest that you start a similar thread for your work in the same Sub-Forum. Look forward to your pics!

Tango whereabouts in Hannover or on the outside pf the city ? My grandmother was born in Hannover..........small world it is.

Gruß

E `

I'm in, just bought one of these, 1/48 Hasegawa FW 190A-6.

hi-PI00000097933.jpg

1./JG1 Unteroffizier Rudolf Hübl "White-5", does he qualify? Doing a quick search online, Rudolf bellylanded his 190 near Nienburg/Weser on 8th Oct 1943 after shooting down two B-17's.

If this kit is OK, cat 2 (I reckon!) built OOB.

Muller that Fw should have outter wing 2cm cannon.........yes ? as it is an A-6. not sure his A/C had the black eagle over the exhaust but will check references

Terry you forgot me!

Category 3 beginner
Me-109K-4
Revell
1/48
Don't know the pilot of IV./JG 53
Build out of box(with some additional decals)

Attachments

• RE4599[1].jpg
    RE4599[1].jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 37
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 41
Matts PDF file for Rules etc etc ... This needs to be finalized....
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/at...nehmen-flug-brucke-group-build-2009-rules.pdf

This sounds like fun. I'd rate myself an experianced cat 2 without an airbrush. I'm thinking about getting one though. I've got 2 qualifying kits on the shelf I'll get some pictures up later.

a Hasegawa 1/72 scale of Rudels 190 and

A 1/48 original Monogram kit from the 70 s I believe. its got some optional varients.

I've got a broken ankle right now and its cold out so hopefully I can find the time.

Slaterat

OK M, I've got you listed, in Cat 2, FW190A6. think I've got pics that might help.
Daniel, OOPS! Sorry mate, and I've already got you listed!
Slaterat, thanks. Chuck in a post when you finalise. and I'll complete your entry listing.
Thanks guys, we're now up to 11 entries.
Terry.

Cheers Terry, Erich is right though, that bird should have outer 20mm cannons, maybe the box pic is innacurate and the kit has them, I'll have to wait till I get it to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back