Update from an old boy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the lancaster kicks ass

Major General
Dec 20, 2003
He's back :evil2:

Hi All, especially those who remember me,

Adler got in touch with me a few months back but unfortunately I was too busy at the time to get involved with the forum again then. I've now got time to give those who remember me an update and maybe even come on the site a little more regularly.

So I've checked and my last post here was in 2007! For those new to the site since then I should point out that I'm kinda a big deal 8) and am pleased to see my antics of years ago have kept me near the top of the most prolific posters!

So what have I been up to since 2007? Well I completed my second year of A-levels, which is what was taking enough of my time to rip me away from the site. In what will forever be recorded as a feat of good judgment on their part I was accepted onto the engineering course at Downing College, University of Cambridge. I'm about to enter my 4th year there and will hopefully graduate next summer with a MEng in Electrical Electronic Engineering.

Do not fear though, I have kept up my love of aviation and indeed all things Lancaster! Studying engineering has also meant it's a slightly more mature knowledge. Studying so close to Duxford has been fantastic too, I've been there a lot and absolutely love it. I was at Flying Legends this year so who knows, maybe some of you were too.

Right, I'm off to read through 3 years of posts, find out what state I left my signature in and spread the good news of my second coming...

Lancs

Thanks, still working on the degree but so far so good!

Also what's with the little 'battle honour' aircraft in people's signatures?

Same boat as Chris and Karl, good to have you back!

Re the small aircraft profiles, they're related to the modelmaking 'group builds' that have been going on the last 2 years or so. There's a whole subsection for them on the menu page.

Evan

Hello Lanc. You havent met me, as I joined after you retired, but ive seen many posts of yours. I hope you have more time to mess about here as your posts were always interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back