Virginia governor closes gun loophole...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good, we are discussing again now...

So, what is the answer? More police?

More police may help but believe it or not many here don't like the police and are afraid of the "police state" mentality. It's a matter of the getting the population to respect their neighbors, the local laws and not to be dumbshits but like in any part of the world we have our idiots. In some places in this country firearm ownership is a deterrent and encouraged by local police.

Here's a blog of numerous self defence situations where armed citizens legally defended themselves.

Civilian Gun Self-Defense Blog

At the end of the day it's YOU who have the problem, not ME... The amount of gun crime here is a fly speck compared to the USA, so why should I bother?

Look at your population, look at ours. I promise you, if you had the population that we have you would have the same amount of gun related murder.

Clave said:
It's simple - these things, trends, or whatever, pass form country to country, and so a big problem in the USA becomes a minor problem in the UK, and then it escalates...

No, dont blame the UKs problems or future problems on the US. That is a poor excuse...

What was wrong with my analogy?! My analogy offers a point of discussion. That being if you ban all guns (to include those of law abiding citizens) might you being doing more harm than good? What are the long term results would allowing criminals to remain armed while law abiding citizens are stripped of theirs? And what repercussions might this have upon the citizenry's ability to enforce all the other rights with an oppressive gov't.

Never once did I insult you Clave. You overreacted. You need to get in touch with your masculine side (see, that is an insult). :)

Ah well matt, maybe I was just in a bad mood..

And I just want to say at this point, that I don't want to lose any friends over something as simple as a discussion... :eek:

And whos fault is it then ultimatly? The parents of your youth. Where are they to talk and guide your troubled youth. It still can not be pushed onto the US, that is weak and a cop out.

Sorry Clave, I have nothing but respect for you and this does not change that but I think you are misguided in your opinions on some of this.

Ah well matt, maybe I was just in a bad mood..

And I just want to say at this point, that I don't want to lose any friends over something as simple as a discussion... :eek:

Who says you are losing friends? It's all good. Well... except maybe Doug won't talk to me anymore. And civvetone. And...

Of course it's the parents fault, but what parent has complete control of their children?

And I'm not, I say again, not blaming the USA for it's culture or 'sub culture' in the case of of gangs and stuff.

All I am saying is that these things exist and by existing, they are copied over here.

I can't say why, it's like, I don't know.. McDonalds.. they have spread all over this land, and become part of our culture now.

The same thing is happening with the 'bad' side too, it's just something that happens, not a cause for finger-pointing or shouting..

No problem Clave - I think everything is civil.....

Some points here - a lot of the violence is due to the parents and the tolerance they have for some of the culture (gagsta rap, glorification of gangs, etc.) that perpetuates violence. Many of these parents a few years earlier were the same thugs we're talking about and maybe still are!

It's funny, ask a "minority" kid about gangstas, rap, or gangbangin, or violent video games and they are all experts, ask them who was the first "minority" astronaut (in conjunction with their ethnic background) and you'll get a blank stare. The same if you ask about a Nobel Prize winner, a decorated soldier or inventor. Being a "banger" is just an easy way out to be cool and it provides a level of acceptance that is lacking in their normal family.

Look at your population, look at ours. I promise you, if you had the population that we have you would have the same amount of gun related murder.

No, dont blame the UKs problems or future problems on the US. That is a poor excuse...

Im not sure on that Adler, I think the UK is around 60million people with roughly750 murders annually.
The US is around 300million with roughly 15000 murders would that not mean if the UK had the same populace it would have around 3750 murders or am I being a bit simplistic in that view ?

But I definately agree with you that the UK's problems or those to come are nothing to do with the US. no one is forced to copy or follow anything the states does (other than of course some finacial directions which is an effect of it being by far the biggest economy in the world )

It is getting messed up here, and a lot of that comes from the East, in small amounts, but it does come: Albanian gangs, Chinese Triads, Indian and Pakistani drug barons, there's all sorts of things happening, but it IS a very small minority...

I can't say why, it's like, I don't know.. McDonalds.. they have spread all over this land, and become part of our culture now.

Actually that is the part that I would be pissed off the most about. I hate fast food. Yeah I eat it sometimes but I hate it.

No problem Clave - I think everything is civil.....

Some points here - a lot of the violence is due to the parents and the tolerance they have for some of the culture (gagsta rap, glorification of gangs, etc.) that perpetuates violence. Many of these parents a few years earlier were the same thugs we're talking about and maybe still are!

It's funny, ask a "minority" kid about gangstas, rap, or gangbangin, or violent video games and they are all experts, ask them who was the first "minority" astronaut (in conjunction with their ethnic background) and you'll get a blank stare. The same if you ask about a Nobel Prize winner, a decorated soldier or inventor. Being a "banger" is just an easy way out to be cool and it provides a level of acceptance that is lacking in their normal family.

And that is the truth! But be careful FBJ, you might have Al Sharpton knocking on your door after you posted this...

Im not sure on that Adler, I think the UK is around 60million people with roughly750 murders annually.
The US is around 300million with roughly 15000 murders would that not mean if the UK had the same populace it would have around 3750 murders or am I being a bit simplistic in that view ?

The more populace the more probability of someone turning to crime, therefore it would be more. Atleast I think so.

And that is the truth! But be careful FBJ, you might have Al Sharpton knocking on your door after you posted this...
WORKS FOR ME!

1106604496grs2Of.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back