Virginia governor closes gun loophole...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ANXBe.png

Last edited:
Fair point Adler
It all gets a bit complicated for me, long as Im not one of the statistics wherever I am.
Plans afoot for a NY visit later this year to take the missus shopping and see a few shows and sites, by all accounts I believe its now one of the safest cities around.

As in all large cities, it depends on where you go. There are good parts of town and there are bad parts of town. There are places you probably should not go into at night. But that is in every large city anywhere in the world.

For me it's kinda strange to think that people all across America keep loaded guns at hand 24/7, but hey yet again I'm not an American.
I own several guns, I do have one hand gun stored in a safe place and loaded although I know in my current neighborhood I'll probably never need to use it except to shoot a stray coyote (I live close to a wilderness area). I grew up in NYC; never saw that many guns till I moved to Los Angeles. Crime there for a while was out of control and it's the only city I ever traveled in where (in violation of local concealment laws) I carried my hand gun as in certain places as I feared for my life.

Fair point Adler
It all gets a bit complicated for me, long as Im not one of the statistics wherever I am.
Plans afoot for a NY visit later this year to take the missus shopping and see a few shows and sites, by all accounts I believe its now one of the safest cities around.
I remember it as a kid and it really got cleaned up, mainly because of Rudi Giuliani who is now running for president. BTW he is very anti-gun owner.

Yeah Track, I don't know about NYC being really safe. Safe-er maybe. But not safe. Hope you enjoy yourself. I personally have no desire to holiday there. You want to see sights without having to travel far? Go to Washington DC. Its all within about a 6 mile radius. More diverse sights, history, museum, food, drinks and entertainment than you can possible see. Safe? Parts. Others like the Southeast District. You might as well go to South Africa. Dangerous as hell after dark. But then again. No sights there either.

I felt totally safe in NY during the day. At night it was kind of scary, but it was no worse than London... you just get that energy going on when it's busy, and sometimes you just wonder who people are and what they are going to do to you...

Done Washington state Matt and the Rockies never DC though and the usual Florida trip not really my scene but the kids liked it. NY I dare say is the same as any large city but its very convenient and I may well be going with some friends they are very religious and want to pray at GZ. My missus is shopping mad and show potty so she catered for as for myself I want to give Central park a look (not at night though) and I just must visit the Grand central,Chrysler and the Empire state. I realize you can get trouble anywhere but generally I'm pretty good at looking after myself , to me the secret is being aware of my surroundings and who is about. Snatchers for example tend to move off if you make it obvious that you know they are there as the element of surprise is lost . If someone pulls a shooter or blade then only an idiot would resist specially if your family is with you but if you carry two wallets one hidden and the other contain a small amount of money and a couple of out of date credit cards and don't wear expensive watches etc most muggers don't want to spend time examining them and will sod off with what they believe is a good haul.
I caught a pick pocket trying to lift my wifes purse in Barcelona some years ago. I think it was some time before his hand was effective again as I could hear his fingers making some funny noises as I gave him a somewhat firm double handshake he also dropped the purse in the end.

Yeah Track, I don't know about NYC being really safe. Safe-er maybe. But not safe. Hope you enjoy yourself. I personally have no desire to holiday there. You want to see sights without having to travel far? Go to Washington DC. Its all within about a 6 mile radius. More diverse sights, history, museum, food, drinks and entertainment than you can possible see. Safe? Parts. Others like the Southeast District. You might as well go to South Africa. Dangerous as hell after dark. But then again. No sights there either.

I loved Washington DC. Me and wife went there after I got out of Iraq and we loved it. Great seafood resteraunts and the Musems are the best in the world!

I loved Washington DC. Me and wife went there after I got out of Iraq and we loved it. Great seafood resteraunts and the Musems are the best in the world!

There are A LOT of gays in DC. When we were in Quantico there were whole sections of town we'd avoid because of all the man-on-man action.

I dont give a damn if there are gays there or not. That does not make a city bad or not. They can do as they please.

Thats like saying, SF has a lot of gays, I am never going to visit that city. I am secure in my attraction for the vagina and would love to go to SF.

I rather live around gays than gang-bangers. As long as they don't approach me, don't do obscene sh*t in public (the same could be said about a heterosexual couple) and keep to them selves, I could care less.

I go to DC once a month. I've honestly never noticed a lot of gays. The Marine Barracks are in the SE quadrant of the district. I would have thought they would be in the NW section with all the college kids and money. News to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back