Virginia governor closes gun loophole...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Who says you are losing friends? It's all good. Well... except maybe Doug won't talk to me anymore. And civvetone. And...

Who said I won't talk to you? Hells bells I'm Italian, I was born to argue...excuse me, I mean discuss or debate topics in a gentlemanly manner.:2gunfire: OK now to the topic at hand...I can't say I'm for or against gun control but for one thing the old saying about "If they outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns" does make a hell of a lot of sense but, on the other hand, I do think there should be strict guidelines on who gets to buy firearms. The worst part is that I think it should be a federal guideline but I think that idea would just create another bureaucratic nightmare, not to mention an ACLU feeding frenzie. As you guys have already stated there is a mixed bag of state level laws and some of them are so loose and enforcement so haphazard as to render them ineffective. So what does everybody think? State or Federal?

Another example on what someone set on killing masses of people can do....

MANILA, Philippines - A man armed with a long knife killed 10 people, including five children, and wounded 14 more, during a rampage early Saturday in a central Philippine province, police said.

The man first attacked and wounded six members of his own family with whom he lived in a remote village outside Calbayog city in central Samar province around 2 a.m. local time, police desk officer Jessie Gianan said by telephone.

The man then barged into two neighboring homes where he stabbed and hacked at the sleeping occupants, then he returned to a wake where he had been drinking earlier and attacked everyone in his path, Gianan said.

Eight of his victims died on the spot and two died later at a hospital, Gianan said. Another 14 were wounded.

The man then surrendered to another villager who turned him over to the authorities. It was not immediately clear what prompted the rampage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back