Wanted/available spare parts

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, looked at all them, "O" scale barrels, but can find non the beeeerrrr type.

The truck would be kinda nice, but won't alter the course of the planet if I don't find one.

Bill, not sure about '0' gauge, but in '00', the following all have various sizes of wooden and/or beer barrels in their ranges, which might fit your needs (larger barrel in a smaller scale = 1/48th ?) and these are just four of many model railway accessory companies worldwide;
Hornby,
Knightwing
Peco
Ratio
And in kit form, probably somewhere in their huge ranges, Faller or Preiser.

With Terry, have seen beer barrels in railroad accessory sets from time to time.

And a question... anyone have any spare undercarriage components for a P-38 Lightning or A-4 Skyhawk in 1:72?
Long range fuel tanks also needed for the A-4 (F9F Panther drop tanks also good, same type apparently)

Cheers!
Evan

Last edited:
Hey, no worries mate, appreciate the thought!

Nose gear is needed mostly. Will either try and scratch a new leg and wheel or just make her a flyer and mount her on a stand.

Hey Evan, I have some elements of the P-38 landing gear from an old 1/72 Airfix kit. Not complete I'm afraid, but if these bits and pieces can be of some use to you they're yours.

Attachments

• Copy of SDC12112.JPG
    Copy of SDC12112.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 109
I have bins of "spare parts" for WWII aircraft, as well as over 60 kits on the shelve.

Although I hope to have some years left to model - lately I've been thinking about what will happen to all this stuff - and all the other accoutrements we all assemble for our hobby - when I go.

No one in my family is interested and I don't know of any other modelers in my area.

Anyone have suggestions about what I should plan to do with all this stuff? I'd hate to think it will all just be thrown away.

Igor, that would be perfect mate, thanks! Drop you a PM shortly!

Mike, if you have the time, could you write up a list of what you have (even if just general subjects) and post them either here or on the 'I'll tade U 4 that' thread?
People like myself are always after spare parts and various kits, and I'm sure you can trade quite a few (if not all) off among the members here.

Bill, if that's the centreline tank as I think, then I do have that, thanks (yours is also the Italeri kit isn't it?). It's the larger underwing tanks I'm after sorry (appreciate the thought though!)

Evan, the best intentions. I looked thru all my tanks and nothing else to work mate.

My search now is for an Italeri Hellfire launcher and missiles. All there attack helicopters have them, but not my HH-60H. I can make the launcher, and have made one already. But I can't come up with a way to make a fin 1.5mm high and 14mm long and stick it to an aluminum tube. PVC that small just melts!!!!

Thanks again Bill, much appreciated mate.

As for your Hellfires, if you can't get Italeri items, Academy also included them with their old 1:48 UH-1B. (Mine are back in NZ unfortunately)
Another option is not to use Al tube for the bodies, but model sprue of correct diameter, easier to glue!

Unfortunately the sprue would have to be 4mm in dia. Styrene comes in square big enough, but turning it is a problem. Just found the Evergreen catalog online and see there is a 4mm tube, so I will go out and see if the LHS has this, fingers crossed.

Thanks for the reply.

Anybody got a pair of P-51 'tear drop' tanks in 1/48th scale they don't want? I used to have about six spare sets of these, but I've used some in a diorama, and blowed if I know where the others have gone!
I think I could convert them to look like Sea Fury drop tanks, rather than pay the equivalent of half the price of the kit for a pair of resin tanks. Not being 'tight' - just cautious! If needs be, I can order the resin tanks, but just seems a waste when I can do the work myself!

Thanks Evan - just replied.
This place is brilliant! I've had two rapid replies - one from Evan, and one to my 'phone from Karl. Not only have I been offered a pair of tanks by each, but Karl is sending me the tanks from his Tempest kit, which are basically the same as used on the Sea Fury !
What a result!
Thanks to both of you for the response and help guys !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back