Wanted/available spare parts

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have a spare hood and rear section from an ICM kit Geo. If your windshield is okay and can be seperated from your canopy, you're welcome to them.

Alternatively I have 2 spare Falcon vacform canopies: Prototype/ Early production version, and PR.IV type with the side blisters.

Evan

Hey Evan. Thank you for the offer. I tried mating Tamiya glazing to the kit but the opening to the Nichimo kit is all wrong. The rear section of the Tamiya kit sits too high and if I were to grind that down, the forward sections would then be out. The middle section is too narrow to pose in the open position. When I get home from work on Sunday I'm going to try crash-form a new piece. Again, thanks for the offer.

Geo

Woohoo just the place for me!

I need a 1/48th 1000 pound bomb for my current F4U-1D build. I want to have the 160 gal drop tank, which I have, with a 1000 pounder under the fuselage..... the rockets will go under the wings, these came with the kit.

*Or????????? a drawing of one so I can fab one!!!

Anything out there???

Last edited:
Woohoo just the place for me!

I need a 1/48th 1000 pound bomb for my current F4U-1D build. I want to have the 160 gal drop tank, which I have, with a 1000 pounder under the fuselage..... the rockets will go under the wings, these came with the kit.

*Or????????? a drawing of one so I can fab one!!!

Anything out there???
I have one.
Corsir.jpg

That's a beautiful drawing Sam, who's the artist?
Re the Vimy, if you can measure the length and span, we can work out the scale. See from there if we have any suitable parts.

Bill, I've got a Tamiya F4U-1 aswell (kit 61070), comes with a bomb on centreline rack (1000 lber I think). Any use to you?

That's a beautiful drawing Sam, who's the artist?
Re the Vimy, if you can measure the length and span, we can work out the scale. See from there if we have any suitable parts.

Bill, I've got a Tamiya F4U-1 aswell (kit 61070), comes with a bomb on centreline rack (1000 lber I think). Any use to you?
Doug Kinsley

Hi Evan ,back to my sunderland with the missing parts you said you might be able to help with,

front sliding turret assembly complete
mid upper turret ass complete
1 x prop [although i still have the ju88 props you sent if they are the same shape,i made the replacements from scratch for the Lancaster]
rear turret assembly complete
main canopy
can you pm me your address again as i can't find my address book please so i can send you the proctor

cheers bob

Got all you need Bob, and thanks, but no need to send the Procter! (We just used Percival Gulls which are quite different.) Cheers for the offer though!

I'm lookin for a 1/48th beer barrel to put under the wing of one of my Spitties!
Anyone got a spare??????

Also trying to find a 1/48th Chevy pickup truck, vintage 1944-1955 if anyone knows of a kit I would appreciate the info. I want to use one for my GB#13 Corsair grouping.

Thanks.

Can't help directly Bill, but a couple of suggestions. The Italeri 'Spitfire Beer Truck' kit has the barrels, but a cheaper way to obtain them is to look at model railway accessories - there's sure to be some large ones which would scale out as smaller ones, if that makes sense!
Don't know of a pick-up kit (might be a die-cast in 1/43rd scale, but the size difference is noticeable), but the Tamiya US Staff Car kit could easily be converted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back