War Room (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

87gn

Recruit
Dec 11, 2009
WOW!!! incredible sight you all have here. I stumbled on the sight last night and had to join. I spent 2 hours reading a 20 page thread on captured a/c. Question.....I'm building a "war room" for me and my boy, we have a lot of 1:18 scale planes, autographed plane panels(like Bud Anderson's Old Crow), and vintage original war bonds posters. I would like to find some cool wall murals or paintings/pics(real big wall size) to put on one of the walls of some ww2 plane(s) in flight. Also, any of you "insiders" know or believe they'll ever do a Mustang Gathering again.....funny story here, my then 8 year old boy chose to go to Ohio for the weeks Gathering than go to Disney World for the weeks vacation. It was incredible!!

Welcome 87! Outside of the paid advertising, I don't know of anyone that has large murals on the site here. Great to hear you're getting the kids involved. Check the events thread as myself and several others usually find and post a listing of airshows throughout the year.

Welcome to the forums!

You can always search for images you would like to have on your wall and if it's going to be printed (there's a number of places that make quality enlargements from photos) then contact the photographer to see if they might make a large sized photo available to you. The photos I post here have been reduced by over half for posting, so enlarging one that I've posted, for example, won't come out near as sharp as the full-sized image.

Otherwise, the quality of painting or airbrushing the image is up to the person painting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back