Greetings WWII Warbird Nuts

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mustangtmg

Airman
Mar 8, 2014
Well, what hobby could be more interesting than WWII Warbird photos, aircraft, pilots and crewmen, manuals, aircraft engines, armament, and missions?

I'm the son of a WWII USAAF veteran. He wasn't a flier but was a ground-based radioman in the 20th AirForce on Guam from the fall of 1944 until the fall of 1945. He was operating on the day of the Enola Gay mission and after trying more than once to contact a small flight of B-29s heading towards Japan on that fateful day in August, 1945, he was informed by the higher ups that it was "something special," and that they'd not be "talking" to anyone. One can only imagine that it was the Enola Gay and her entourrage on the way to Hiroshima.

I am a photographer and correspondent from time-to-time on Aero-News.net. I have been photographing aircraft, especially warbirds, since 1979. I changed over from 35 mm film camera photography to digital in 2000 and as a result, I have probably over 10K photos of warbirds - some are pretty good if I say so myself!

I am a hospital pharmacist by profession and am a certificated Private Pilot, but in the last 10 years, 7 grandkids have consumed all of our "expendable income," so flying for me since 2004 has been on commercial flights as a passenger. One of these days, maybe I'll fly again!

Attached are a couple of recent photos from the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison, TX, which is about 45 min from our home.

Tom

Attachments

• CV2B ENGINE DSC_8505 FIX SM.JPG
    CV2B ENGINE DSC_8505 FIX SM.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 92
  • F4U DSC_8565 FIX SM.JPG
    F4U DSC_8565 FIX SM.JPG
    275.5 KB · Views: 82
Listen to the man from Botany Bay (we all know who England sent there). We are normal, red-blooded, guys (mostly) who really like planes.
Welcome from next door - Arky-saw

Attachments

• Admins.jpg
    Admins.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 59
  • group.jpg
    group.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Back