Water and Sand

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You didn't know about the Do17 ?!!
There's a thread about it here on the forum, giving details of it's discovery, and it's loss and ditching during the BoB.
The RAF Museum are planning to recover it, the operation was scheduled to commence last may, if tides and weather permitted, which I believe they didn't.
Once it is recovered, it will be enclosed in a saline bath, and transported to the second RAF Museum location at RAF Cosford, where a tent already awaits it. Here it will be gradually changed from saline spray to fresh water spray, before being dried and restored.
It is intended to display the restored aircraft in the entrance lobby at the RAF Museum Cosford and, as far a I know, the plan now is to commence operations this spring, elements permitting.
I'm monitoring the Museums news pages, and I'm also on their mailing list for up-dates, so when I receive further up-dates I'll keep you all informed.

and some more.....

112154355_6bd9cdab8c_b.jpg
112157881_e49fcde8a6_b.jpg
0195030355085.jpg
Bankoboev.Ru_sunken_plane_aruba.jpg
VRLt_5Aelhh1gUmHp_ziPg3aGC9QZsFTTwjsejDxkk1A.jpg
zekepercent2001_underwater_109.0.jpg

Great stuff Chris.
Latest on the Do17 - it's due to be lifted from Goodwin Sands this spring, using a bespoke lifting frame, and the operation is expected to take up to four weeks. I'll keep the forum posted as I receive more news.

Certainly is with the Dornier - it's the only one in the world, and from the BoB. Even if it breaks when lifted (and hopefully not!), a substantial, extremely rare piece of history will be rescued and restored.
BTW, the RAF Museum has an appeal going, backed and personally started by Sir Richard Branson putting his hand in his pocket, to raise the remaining £250,000 needed to complete the project. That's not the recovery, but the amount needed to complete funding for the restoration. Details can be found on the either of the RAF Museum web-sites, if you feel like donating a few pennies.

And just for fans of the esoteric, here are some pics of the Blackburn Skua that was recovered near Trondheim in 2008:

Skua%20a.jpg

Casson%20Skua%20tail.jpg

skua%20up%20b.jpg

orkdalsfjord-01.jpg

orkdalsfjord-07.jpg

orkdalsfjord-06.jpg

Surface.jpg

DSC_1634b.jpg

DSC_1630b.jpg

DSC_1774b.jpg

orkdalsfjord-08.jpg

DSC_1924b.jpg